Jump to content
Register Now
killamch89

EA Locks FIFA 22's "Free" Next Gen Upgrade Behind $100 Ultimate Edition Paywall

Recommended Posts

EA just can't stay out of the news can they? They always seem to make headlines for their greedy practices and this another one - Seriously, where does it end with this company? EA is one of the main reasons why I think the gaming industry has to get regulated. It won't stop until some kind of government gets involved. What are your thoughts about this?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never expect better from EA and they never fail to meet my expectations. This is horrid without being surprising. Seriously, who continues to buy these games?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

I never expect better from EA and they never fail to meet my expectations. This is horrid without being surprising. Seriously, who continues to buy these games?

Kids addicted Fifa Ultimate team and YouTubers who also fall into this category. There's also the casual gamer who doesn't know any better and the Fifa fanboys who will never accept that Fifa has been trash for close to a decade now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you willingly pay for this and its the same thing as last year, you deserve every single inconvenience you get. Its that simple. You are literally rewarding EA for their laziness. Want people like Yong, Joe and Ryan Moody to be positive about EA? Then actually make them change by not paying and rewarding them for crap like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Empire said:

If you willingly pay for this and its the same thing as last year, you deserve every single inconvenience you get. Its that simple. You are literally rewarding EA for their laziness. Want people like Yong, Joe and Ryan Moody to be positive about EA? Then actually make them change by not paying and rewarding them for crap like this.

You know - I keep saying this. It's hard to feel sorry for EA when they got hacked and are being extorted by said hackers because that's what they do to their own customers so I'm glad they're getting a taste of their own medicine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless some gamers who are indie come up with some one time purchase thingy as an alternative to EA, there would be lot of paywalls on our screen soon enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 1:39 AM, skyfire said:

Unless some gamers who are indie come up with some one time purchase thingy as an alternative to EA, there would be lot of paywalls on our screen soon enough. 

We're already seeing ads in triple A games - As a matter of fact, Ubisoft is going down that route full steam ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 1:10 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah and unless the influencers and the gamers protest against this there is not going to be any change. 

We need to vote with our wallets and watch how fast they'd change course. It's because we as gamers just hope somebody else will say something when we're the ones with the power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 7:23 PM, killamch89 said:

I'm not even kidding, I literally just saw this in my Youtube subscriptions after posting this thread. What is wrong with these people?!

 

Were you ever thinking that EA actually care about any other person but themselves and the money they are going to make? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...