Register Now
The Blackangel

What game have you completely mastered?

I got the idea for this thread from something @Shagger said in the What opinion about video games do you have that no one can change? thread.

What game have you played to the point that you could beat it in your sleep? For me, it's The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past. There's literally nothing I don't know about it. I can tell you everything including which bee to catch in the game. I have played that game WAY too damn much. For what it's worth, I'm no slouch at Zelda OoT either, but I'm definitely not a master. Hell, I still need a guide to beat the damn water temple. Thankfully, that's the only temple I need a guide for. I would be willing to say that I know almost everything about FF8, but I'm sure there are things I don't know. For example I have never gotten my hands on a Mog's Amulet. So I can't say that I know what hell it does. The book says the GF learns the MiniMog ability. I don't know what that means. Until the remaster came out on Switch, I didn't know what a Ribbon did. The book only said that the GF learned the Ribbon ability. That helps. Turns out, the Ribbon blocks you from any and all status abnormalities including death spells. SO it's one of the best things in the game to teach a GF. Unfortunately the only way I know to get it is to turn on invincibility and set your characters up to heal a monster with their attacks in a counter attack, and let it farm items overnight. It may be cheating, I know but at least I learned something I didn't know.

So what game can you beat in your sleep?

(Don't bother pointing it out, I know I was rambling. It's a bad habit I have.)

I could easily beat Skyrim if I was completely blind because of how many times I've beaten the game and I know most of the game like the back of my hand. As a matter of fact, I could beat Skyrim while trying to defuse a bomb that'd kill us all(spoiler alert, we'd definitely not survive the explosion but still...).

I'm playing it for the first time on PC (literally right now, but I've beaten Horizon Zero Dawn so many times on console I'm confident enough to say that I'm at least 95% there. There's still ne ideas, new strategies and new ways to look at things, especially since I recently started posting on the game's discord server, but I definitely feel I have way more to teach than to learn at the very least.

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure! I loved playing Apogee games in the 90s and so did my young daughter. Cosmo was one of my favorites back then and I completely forgot about it until this thread triggered a memory. It's a scrolling game so you can't navigate the land like in modern games but that's okay because you want to hurry and get to the next level anyway.