Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Anyone ever watch the series 1,000 Ways To Die?

I've seen it.  I thought it was alright at first but then I started to learn more about it and the truth about some of the deaths that they "represent".  The deaths are real and they state that the don't use their real names and that's fair enough.  The people involved however, are often misrepresented in a very over-the-top negative way that's a LONG way from the truth.  Once you know this it comes across as really tasteless and hard to watch.

For example, their is one story of a man who died in a jacuzzi when one of the valves sucked out part of his guts through his anus.  The character is a parody of Mel Gibson with all his anti-Semitic and abusive comments toward his wife.  He is of course a total asshole and it's done that way intentionally so that you laugh at him rather than feel any sympathy...  The actual person who died in the incident was a 6 year old girl...  That kinda takes the fun out of it.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Worst episode I saw was a guy got a hold of a cow's heart and fucked it. But that wasn't good enough for him so he some how plugged it into and electrical outlet to make it beat again and fucked it again and got electrocuted to death. No way that could have been real.

Either way, it's a solid gold medal from the Darwin Awards committee.