Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather be in a zombie apocalypse or a robot apocalypse?

If we had EMP's, we could decimate every robot in a large radius. Zombies, you have to destroy a lot to destroy them. Then it's one by one. Without EMP's, you will run out of ammo real fast and you would be damned if the robots were able to build new robots. If there was a power source and a water source, you can set traps and short circuit them. But at least robots don't spread a virus to infect all; or does it? So if I had an EMP arsenal, then robot apocalypse. If not, then zombie. 

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

If we had EMP's, we could decimate every robot in a large radius. Zombies, you have to destroy a lot to destroy them. Then it's one by one. Without EMP's, you will run out of ammo real fast and you would be damned if the robots were able to build new robots. If there was a power source and a water source, you can set traps and short circuit them. But at least robots don't spread a virus to infect all; or does it? So if I had an EMP arsenal, then robot apocalypse. If not, then zombie. 

Remember that these robots would have advanced AIs so they'd quickly adapt and create new technology to counteract EMPs and build even more powerful robots and their production would practically be endless.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would say zombie. Robots can easily repair and rebuild their forces, and they are harder to kill. Think Terminator situation. Zombies, however, all you need is a sharp sword and a good sidearm, and you should be fine.

Zombies are pretty brainless so all you need is strong enough obstacles and that'd impede them and they're far easier to trap. You just use a corpse as bait and then use some kind of flaming chamber and burn them all.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Zombies are pretty brainless so all you need is strong enough obstacles and that'd impede them and they're far easier to trap. You just use a corpse as bait and then use some kind of flaming chamber and burn them all.

Remember, zombies could have different stages of infection. One stage could be runners. I remember a book I read where one type of zombie was extremely fast and would attack you only to infect you with a scratch or bite, then run off to try and get another. If you think about it, that is the virus in the highly infection stage, taking over the mind as its only purpose is to infect instead of feeding. So zombies as we know, are unpredictable. 

A robot apocalypse would be way more frightening if you ask me.

When I think of examples of robot apocalypse in fiction I think of the war with the machines in Terminator, the use of humans batteries in the Matrix.  But, when it comes to a fucked up robot apocalypse I think the Faro Plauge in Horizon Zero Dawn has to take it.  The machines process bio material such as plants and animals (including humans) to create bio fuel and replicate themselves literally stripping the planet of all life.

28 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

When I think of examples of robot apocalypse in fiction I think of the war with the machines in Terminator, the use of humans batteries in the Matrix.  But, when it comes to a fucked up robot apocalypse I think the Faro Plauge in Horizon Zero Dawn has to take it.  The machines process bio material such as plants and animals (including humans) to create bio fuel and replicate themselves literally stripping the planet of all life.

This. They'd literally wipe out all life on this planet and then they'd move on to other planets and before you know it, they'd have wipe out whole solar systems.

Zombie. If robots got to the point where they were self-aware enough to rebel and try to destroy us, I'd be very worried. Zombies are in most cases unintelligent and pose no threat unless they outnumber you or take you by surprise.

16 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I hope they have a fail-safe, cause that would not be good!