Register Now
Lämmchen

Which sport should be in Olympics but isn't?

Is there a sport that isn't in the Olympics but should be?

I think that baseball is finally back in the Olympics for 2021 if I read the headline correctly? That's the one I was going to say until I searched.

There are sports/games that used to be in the Olympics but now are not because of lack of entrants...cricket is one such game.

Squash, It is included in both the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games, receiving great following and accolade for it as well. Furthermore, it is a game that can be played all year round and would benefit well from the Olympics by reaching a broader geographic demograph and therefore further its popularity (something the IOC consider). I have long been unable to understand why the IOC don’t include it and my best guess is that there aren’t enough bribes travelling in the right direction.

22 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I hope the olympics sticks to physical competition or else it becomes a guinness world record event where pie eating is accepted. 

There is so much intellectual training involved in competitive chess. It's definitely a lot more interesting pie eating.

5 hours ago, Sharon said:

There is so much intellectual training involved in competitive chess. It's definitely a lot more interesting pie eating.

I like Chess, it's great to play but imo it's not so great to watch, especially for people who don't understand it.

I'm not 100% sure but I think golf is not an Olympic sport? If not, then I think that would be quite a good addition to the Olympics. It would be interesting to watch and actually requires a lot of concentration and skill so it would be a well-deserved addition.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:37 PM, Sharon said:

Chess. I think Chess should be considered as an Olympics sport. I would totally watch it. 

I don't think I'd agree at all. The requirement for Olympic events require some kind of physical effort during the activity and that doesn't fit it at all.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:46 PM, killamch89 said:

I don't think I'd agree at all. The requirement for Olympic events require some kind of physical effort during the activity and that doesn't fit it at all.

Then chess boxing. An innovative sport that combines two traditional disciplines: chess and boxing. 
Boxing requires a lot of physical activity. 
-- 
Canoe polo should be added to the olympics. It's so fun to watch. I want to play it unfortunately it' such an expensive sport to get into. 

While I don't care for many of them i.e. wrestling, you do have to admit they require a good level of physical & mental ingenuity. I figure the more that's in there, the more it encourages people to be physically fit. However, I do like what others have suggested for Chess. While it's not physical, it does involve skill & strategy.