Register Now
ZandraJoi

Do you pay attention to the music in movies & TV shows?

I only do if the actors aren’t talking lol Otherwise the music tends to literally be put on the backburner for me. There are some shows i.e. Grey’s Anatomy where they had the characters singing the songs. I found that in that particular episode, the songs fit pretty well with what was going on. I looked up the song & artist & learned of some new ones that I enjoyed as well.  

I pay attention to the music a lot and that how I discovered some really good songs I like pretty little fears by j Cole which I first heard in the tv series grown-ish.

The list of songs I found in movies goes on and on.

Having a bit of background in music as a kid, I try my hardest to notice the backgrounds of literally anything I play or watch, but sometimes I just go the immersion route while playing or watching, and then I look up the music related stuff later on the internet if it really catches my attention. 😁

I would only notice the music if it's a song I recognize and have nostalgia for or if it fits the scene perfectly on an emotional level. Most music I've heard in not just movies and TV shows, but also video games, I just don't find them all that memorable or interesting enough that I would pay attention to them. They're decent tracks, but they didn't really stand out as unique for me. What I classify as "unique" and "iconic" might be unreasonable though, because I'd call the Superman theme unique and timeless. Anyone could recognize the theme just from a few seconds of it. Whereas if you ask me to remember a single song from Telltale Games' The Walking Dead, or even in a movie context, the soundtracks from Gladiator, I can't hum a tune for you at all.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:24 AM, Akun said:

I would only notice the music if it's a song I recognize and have nostalgia for or if it fits the scene perfectly on an emotional level. Most music I've heard in not just movies and TV shows, but also video games, I just don't find them all that memorable or interesting enough that I would pay attention to them. They're decent tracks, but they didn't really stand out as unique for me. What I classify as "unique" and "iconic" might be unreasonable though, because I'd call the Superman theme unique and timeless. Anyone could recognize the theme just from a few seconds of it. Whereas if you ask me to remember a single song from Telltale Games' The Walking Dead, or even in a movie context, the soundtracks from Gladiator, I can't hum a tune for you at all.

I agree - For instance, if someone were to play some of the tracks from Batman the animated series, I'd recognize it in a heartbeat whereas if you played some tracks from Game of Thrones, I wouldn't recognize most of them even though I did watch the whole series because they just aren't as memorable.