Register Now
ZandraJoi

What would you sing at Karaoke night?

I don’t sing, not in public anyways & certainly not good :) I couldn’t imagine myself singing at Karaoke but I do admit it’d be fun to try, at least once in my life. Have any of you sang Karaoke? What did you think about it? If I had to pick a song, I’d pick It’s my life by Bon Jovi. It has a good beat & I already know most of the lyrics.

I don't do karaoke in public, but I do sing solos so I'm not sure why I don't want to do karaoke?? I have quite a few songs I would choose that sound good with my voice but this one would probably be the most entertaining.

I’ve done it quite a few times. My usual go to is Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

I hate getting older where I can’t keep my falsetto going for as long (or as high), so I miss belting out Maroon 5.

On 6/18/2022 at 2:21 PM, Grungie said:

I hate getting older where I can’t keep my falsetto going for as long (or as high), so I miss belting out Maroon 5.

Despite being female, I never had any kind of falsetto to begin with. People always thing women can naturally hit that kind of note, but that's just false. It has always bugged me, because it also means I can't wail to sing 80's rock. The singers back then could almost all hit such a high note, that I simply can't even come close to.😢

10 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Despite being female, I never had any kind of falsetto to begin with. People always thing women can naturally hit that kind of note, but that's just false. It has always bugged me, because it also means I can't wail to sing 80's rock. The singers back then could almost all hit such a high note, that I simply can't even come close to.😢

Yeah, people forget that women have different vocal ranges like men do. The contralto range is a thing for females.

I’m just happy I can still sing most Radiohead songs.

19 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Singing is a skill that no gender has any advantage over another.  People's voices generally sit is one octave but gender is irrelevant, it's still the same notes but in a different octave. There exists plenty of male sopranos and female basses.  If you think that one gender doesn't seem to be listening very well.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Singing is a skill that no gender has any advantage over another.  People's voices generally sit is one octave but gender is irrelevant, it's still the same notes but in a different octave. There exists plenty of male sopranos and female basses.  If you think that one gender doesn't seem to be listening very well.

Some of the male sopranos I've heard have been able to hit notes and sounds that most could never dream of. For example Andrew de Leon is one of the most amazing sopranos I've ever heard. Also with women being basses, I can definitely offer an example of that with 3 simple words: Alyssa White-Gluz.

Also I have a voice deep enough that I've been called "sir" on the god damn phone.

🤬

Edited by The Blackangel

25 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Some of the male sopranos I've heard have been able to hit notes and sounds that most could never dream of. For example Andrew de Leon is one of the most amazing sopranos I've ever heard. Also with women being basses, I can definitely offer an example of that with 3 simple words: Alyssa White-Gluz.

Also I have a voice deep enough that I've been called "sir" on the god damn phone.

🤬

On Alyssa White-Gluz, I concur completely.  been a fan of hers for a long time, since I heard her in the Agonist.  It seems hard to believe that she has had a professional career in music for almost 20 years!