Register Now
ZandraJoi

The Harlem Globetrotters

I remember watching them when I was a kid. Their antics as well as athleticism will keep anybody’s attention onto the game of basketball. Recently I just found out that they started in 1926 in Chicago. For those who watch the Globetrotters, did you realize they have been going on for nearly a century? Have you ever seen them in person? I wonder how that would be as sometimes they pick people from the stands to come onto the court.  

I saw them in person! I can't remember where I was at but my grandparents took me. I remember wanting to twirl a basketball on my finger but never got the hang of that skill. I like whistling their theme song though because that's something I can do!

I've never seen them in person but I've watched plenty of sporting events on TV with them performing their tricks back in the days. Also, I used to see them as guest stars on one of the Scooby Doo series - I just had to put this bit in there lol.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, ZandraJoi said:

I too tried to learn how to spin the basketball on my finger & hummed (not whistled as much lol) the theme song.

I remember them being on Scooby Doo as well! I forgot all about that! Just memories 🙂

Yeah - I learned how to spin the ball on my finger because my big brother used to play basketball in high school.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, Lämmchen said:

I saw them in person! I can't remember where I was at but my grandparents took me. I remember wanting to twirl a basketball on my finger but never got the hang of that skill. I like whistling their theme song though because that's something I can do!

I played basketball for years as a kid but never was able to twirl the basketball on my finger either. 
Their theme song is super catchy. 
-- 
I had seen them a few times as a kid.  I love the way they play and they are so fun to watch.