Register Now
ZandraJoi

Have you ever met a Professional athlete?

Do you know of anybody who was maybe from your hometown? Since I’m not into sports that much, I haven’t met a Pro athlete. Nobody from our small town ever has been drafted to play either. If you could pick someone to meet, who would you choose? It took me some thinking but I think I would choose someone like Mary Lou Retton. I know she’s older, but she is still an athlete. I pick her because I was a kid when she was in The Olympics doing her gymnastic routine. For a kid, it was quite exciting & I remember my friends & I trying to do cartwheels, handstands, etc.

I've met plenty - part of the list is as follows:

1. Usain Bolt (I'm acquainted with him in real life).
  2. Allen Iverson - Basketball Player
  3. Dikembe Mutombo - Basketball Player
  4. Patrick Ewing - Basketball Player
  5. Thierry Henry - Football Player
  6. Christiano Ronaldo - Football Player
  7. Ronaldinho - Football Player
  8. Triple H - Wrestler
  9. The Rock - Wrestler
  10. Kane & The Undertaker - Wrestlers

I'll stop at those 10.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:11 PM, killamch89 said:

I've met plenty - part of the list is as follows:

1. Usain Bolt (I'm acquainted with him in real life).
  2. Allen Iverson - Basketball Player
  3. Dikembe Mutombo - Basketball Player
  4. Patrick Ewing - Basketball Player
  5. Thierry Henry - Football Player
  6. Christiano Ronaldo - Football Player
  7. Ronaldinho - Football Player
  8. Triple H - Wrestler
  9. The Rock - Wrestler
  10. Kane & The Undertaker - Wrestlers

I'll stop at those 10

How did you get to see all this athletes? Did you travel all round the world to catch up with them buddy? I've tried to reach out to some of my favourite sports starts but they are simply staying faraway from me. 

On 10/7/2021 at 11:50 AM, Justin11 said:

How did you get to see all this athletes? Did you travel all round the world to catch up with them buddy? I've tried to reach out to some of my favourite sports starts but they are simply staying faraway from me. 

I already knew bolt from my time as a track and field athlete in high school plus I run into him all the time. I met most of them while they were staying in my country and my parents used to perform as musicians at said hotel.

On 10/9/2021 at 5:06 AM, killamch89 said:

I already knew bolt from my time as a track and field athlete in high school plus I run into him all the time. I met most of them while they were staying in my country and my parents used to perform as musicians at said hotel.

That's fantastic one buddy, are you from bolt's country 'Jamaica? I hope your field and track career went into pro? 

Is your parents still musicians till today? 

Its tremendous hearing that you're a celebrity child with the influence of your parents coupled with your athletics career. 

Edited by Justin11

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's fantastic one buddy, are you from bolt's country 'Jamaica? I hope your field and track career went into pro? 

Is your parents still musicians till today? 

Its tremendous hearing that you're a celebrity child with the influence of your parents coupled with your athletics career. 

Yeah - I'm from Jamaica but I didn't go fully into it like he did. My mother still sings part-time and my died passed away in August. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - I'm from Jamaica but I didn't go fully into it like he did. My mother still sings part-time and my died passed away in August. 

Its a pity you lost your dad, and not long ago he passed away, my condolences buddy. Its nice that your mom still sing even if its part time. But you could've pushed on, making a career there in track and field is superfluous, that's what made Bolt so popular today. 

I have not. I would love to meet someone that plays for Chelsea since that is the team I have supported since I was quite young. I wouldn't mind meeting a Formula 1 driver either. Would love to just get a picture with one of them.

On 10/10/2021 at 8:07 PM, killamch89 said:

I am so sorry about your dad passing away. 
--
I have met tons of actors but never met a professional athlete. 
I hope to someday. I would like to meet anyone from the Warriors. 

Since I never gone to watch live matches at the stadium, their is no way I can catch-up with a pro footballer, maybe in the near future I'll resume my indoor lifestyle again to watch my favourite local teams in action first.