Register Now
ZandraJoi

What PC games do you play?

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You installed WIndows 11? What's it like because I heard that the pre-built systems lose up to 28% in gaming performance.

Seriously, it's actually my very first time of hearing about someone who's making use of Windows 11.

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's actually my very first time of hearing about someone who's making use of Windows 11.

Yeah, it was out for him early since he lives in Europe but I heard it hits pre-built systems the hardest causing up to a 28% drop in gaming performance.

On 10/5/2021 at 3:51 AM, killamch89 said:

You installed WIndows 11? What's it like because I heard that the pre-built systems lose up to 28% in gaming performance.

I didn't upgrade it to windows 11, I bought it as windows 11 not long ago. Its simply ideal for gaming, its performance is super fast. Any one who said it slows down gaming is lying to you. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I didn't upgrade it to windows 11, I bought it as windows 11 not long ago. Its simply ideal for gaming, its performance is super fast. Any one who said it slows down gaming is lying to you. 

Ah - anyways, I'm holding off on upgrading until everything has been sorted and all major bugs addressed.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:56 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah, it was out for him early since he lives in Europe but I heard it hits pre-built systems the hardest causing up to a 28% drop in gaming performance.

Seriously - if it happens in such a way to most pre-built PC systems, it's definitely going to be very frustrating playing with it. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - if it happens in such a way to most pre-built PC systems, it's definitely going to be very frustrating playing with it. 

It turns out it's some issue with Windows and AMD processor compatibility which Windows has sworn to address.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

It turns out it's some issue with Windows and AMD processor compatibility which Windows has sworn to address.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:59 PM, Head_Hunter said:

It's not a lie, just because your not experiencing these issues doesn't mean nobody is.

I don't know all the details but it's something to do with Windows 11 utilising higher thread counts to improve speed and efficiency.  Not actually a bad idea in theory but it seems to be interfering with other applications (games included) designed for Windows 10 that also want to use more threads.

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

It's not a lie, just because your not experiencing these issues doesn't mean nobody is.

I don't know all the details but it's something to do with Windows 11 utilising higher thread counts to improve speed and efficiency.  Not actually a bad idea in theory but it seems to be interfering with other applications (games included) designed for Windows 10 that also want to use more threads.

Thanks for the explanation - I was just going off of what Linus and others said about the issue but I'm grateful for somebody expanding on it. That being said, this is why I usually give Microsoft time to fix the major issues before I upgrade to Windows 11.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Thanks for the explanation - I was just going off of what Linus and others said about the issue but I'm grateful for somebody expanding on it. That being said, this is why I usually give Microsoft time to fix the major issues before I upgrade to Windows 11.

Seriously, why in the world would I be in a rush to upgrade to Windows 11 right now? I don't see myself doing it anytime soon. 

23 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Its a pity though that others are experiencing issues with the windows 11 performance. Do you if they've overloaded it with big files that makes their windows to lag? 

21 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Its a pity though that others are experiencing issues with the windows 11 performance. Do you if they've overloaded it with big files that makes their windows to lag? 

It's probably not optimized properly and going by Microsoft's past record, probably not thoroughly tested. Their Windows launches usually has a lot of bugs and takes a few months to a year to completely sort them out.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's probably not optimized properly and going by Microsoft's past record, probably not thoroughly tested. Their Windows launches usually has a lot of bugs and takes a few months to a year to completely sort them out.

It's definitely going to be the issue of not properly testing out the software and jumbled it into the market. Always in a haste to make money. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Hmm, I've not experienced much of a bug using my windows 11 PC. Maybe I never overloaded my ROM with large game files and others. I am still having large space left for future installation of apps. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The Surge is another great game that I played both on my PC and PS4 console. It came with more like the battle system of Dark Souls. 

Only the image quality shows that this game will be fantastic to get down with. I love the trailer I'll go search for it via my game PC store and install it.