Register Now
ZandraJoi

Do you prefer to download PC Games off the internet or buy the DVD?

8 minutes ago, ZandraJoi said:

Thank you so much @Shagger ! When I have time, I'll try out your instructions. Like @Heatman said, I'm sure others would find it useful as well. Did you learn this on your own or stumbled on it?

I can't be sure, but I think I learned about this feature whilst trying to figure out how to make Fallout 3 work on a modern PC (That game truly is a certifiable nightmare when it comes to trying to get it to run on a modern system.). That's Steam's quality control for you. A game from one of the world's largest and most revered publisher/developers that you buy 100% legit on the most popular game service in world and it literally doesn't work. I figured it out eventually, but the experience of trying to get that to work is something I'd wish on nobody.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:24 AM, Shole said:

Since my pc doesn't come with a CD Room that means I will have to download things XD

If that's the case mate, I'm not sure if you have any other options than to download whatever you need which is cool too. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Kerosene?! What are you using it for - wood to start a campfire? 🤣

You would be very surprised with how much we try to improvise as kids growing up in trying to make things work for us. It's very funny. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:51 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Downloading is cheaper for me compared to buying PC or PS CD plates in the game shop. At times I get mobile data at a reduced cost to download PC games directly from the games store. 

Depending on the part of the world where you are located, some do get free internet Wi-Fi and have nothing to worry about internet data. I can remember my time in Duabi, it was awesome. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Depending on the part of the world where you are located, some do get free internet Wi-Fi and have nothing to worry about internet data. I can remember my time in Duabi, it was awesome. 

Getting data for downloading stuffs and surfing around the internet is affordable here. You can simply buy a WiFi to enjoy unlimited data subscription to enable you download your favourite games. 

13 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Getting data for downloading stuffs and surfing around the internet is affordable here. You can simply buy a WiFi to enjoy unlimited data subscription to enable you download your favourite games. 

Well, if that's the case then you don't really have a anything to worry about in terms of data subscription for your game downloads. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

PC game doesn't require much to download or buy CD games. If you're talking about PS4, PS5 consoles you'll spend money for the two to get better of it 

There are some that doesn't come with a CD rom input, so you will definitely have to download your games.