Register Now
Kokushibo

Steam Deck

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You know what'd be funny? If most clueless parents went out their and bought their kids a streaming deck instead of the Steam Deck. I can see how they could be easily confused...

Unless you only can buy the Steam Deck from steam, so far I can only see them from the one single store. But give it time other locations will start selling them 😛 The kids be like, you brought me the wrong product but can I have it anyway 😛 and have both,

steam vs stream 😛 

On 7/23/2021 at 5:59 AM, Empire said:

Unless you only can buy the Steam Deck from steam, so far I can only see them from the one single store. But give it time other locations will start selling them 😛 The kids be like, you brought me the wrong product but can I have it anyway 😛 and have both,

steam vs stream 😛 

But what if the parent brings back another stream deck? I've seen scenarios like this before...Some parents are so technologically ignorant that it's embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Honestly, I don't think Nintendo cares one bit. Just watch them making a 60$ port of Wind Waker and that's it, you sell Switches like hotcackes for another two years.

You never know because how market responds to machine that is better than switch in terms of features is different play here. 

On 7/29/2021 at 6:43 AM, skyfire said:

You never know because how market responds to machine that is better than switch in terms of features is different play here. 

I totally agree and judging by how the device sold out almost immediately, if it lives up to most of its promises, the Switch will have serious competition.

If we ignore the gamers. There is a large percent of the raspberry pi and the hacking groups which love such products and they build things around it. That userbased would be booking a lot of this machine because some people want to sit in couch and do things with computer that can game and do browser too. Tablet and switch is limiting them. 

As this is going out to more and more people as they are buying it, Hopefully they going to make more games for steam and good cool games that people want and not just another same old game to be added on the list. Gmaes just for the steam deck would be also be nice

20 hours ago, Empire said:

As this is going out to more and more people as they are buying it, Hopefully they going to make more games for steam and good cool games that people want and not just another same old game to be added on the list. Gmaes just for the steam deck would be also be nice

Considering STEAM would be making use of linux by default, this would mean most linux games woould be working. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Considering STEAM would be making use of linux by default, this would mean most linux games woould be working. 

That's a little bit of a worry, there's quite a lot of games on Steam that DON'T work in Linux.

16 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

That's a little bit of a worry, there's quite a lot of games on Steam that DON'T work in Linux.

But the Steam Deck is a pretty versatile machine so you can just install any OS you want on it - Windows etc, the sky is the limit (at least that's what they promised, we'll see when it launches).

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Not much of worry issues. Most of the game developer engines can export to linux or mac easily these days. 

I wouldn't say no worries because we haven't seen it action...well until the other day when Linux made a video about this. Check it out:

The early signs are incredibly promising and the amount of things it can do is unreal.