Register Now
Kokushibo

Steam Deck

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't say no worries because we haven't seen it action

I am saying Linux deployment isn't an issue based on the fact that Unity, GameMaker, GDevelop, Defold, Stencyl, and many other engines have option to export to Linux.. so development wise not much of an issue. Paid customers? that would be an issue. 

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am saying Linux deployment isn't an issue based on the fact that Unity, GameMaker, GDevelop, Defold, Stencyl, and many other engines have option to export to Linux.. so development wise not much of an issue. Paid customers? that would be an issue. 

Oh okay and I was aware of that for the most part - it's too bad Linux isn't beginner-friendly or I'd try Qebes OS.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Oh okay and I was aware of that for the most part - it's too bad Linux isn't beginner-friendly or I'd try Qebes OS.

It can be, if you got some kind of guide and knowledge of command line. I took a class on it and it does get difficult pretty quickly. 

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think Ubuntu is pretty much easy to switch to. I have found the Linux Mint to be another good alternative. 

On 8/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, Demon_skeith said:

It can be, if you got some kind of guide and knowledge of command line. I took a class on it and it does get difficult pretty quickly. 

I tried learning it by myself and using some tutorials and it's very difficult to even do the basic commands.

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think Ubuntu is pretty much easy to switch to. I have found the Linux Mint to be another good alternative. 

Ubuntu is the one I've been meaning to check out and Linux Mint sounds like another one I should try as well.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Ubuntu is the one I've been meaning to check out and Linux Mint sounds like another one I should try as well.

Linux mint has the Windows like look and feel. You would feel it like using the windows 10 and 11 at the same time. Ubuntu being gnome based seems to be pretty good for those who are completely new to linux.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:37 AM, skyfire said:

Linux mint has the Windows like look and feel. You would feel it like using the windows 10 and 11 at the same time. Ubuntu being gnome based seems to be pretty good for those who are completely new to linux.

That's pretty good to hear and that should make the process somewhat bearable...

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and the installers are improved too last 2 years. Now installing linux is easy and also lot easier to manage. 

I just install Qubes the other day on my VM so I'm learning how to use it and it's pretty intuitive and more privacy focused.

On 8/24/2021 at 3:49 AM, skyfire said:

Kali is another one good for privacy. I am currently having ubuntu which is not so privacy friends, but I have made enough tweaks to make it work. 

That's good to hear - I'm currently using Quebes OS on a virtual machine and it's actually pretty good so far. Not as hard to use as the original Linux and is pretty easy to run.

7 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

My Steam controller is still supported. It works the same as new.I know nothing about Steam OS.

Most of us have no clue about Steam OS either or how it even works. Either way, you can always install Windows on the Steam Deck if you're not satisfied.

8 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

My Steam controller is still supported. It works the same as new.I know nothing about Steam OS.

It's linux based and through WINE project most of the windows stuff is supported. so there is not much of an issue on that.