Register Now
Kokushibo

Steam Deck

On 1/20/2022 at 9:05 PM, kingpotato said:

I really doubt it man, steam is for sure not following Nintendo's steps as far as exclusives go. They dont need to actually.

Not in context of exclusives part but more like holding the people to their platform. the console is just their sign of showing the direction.

On 1/23/2022 at 2:21 AM, skyfire said:

Not in context of exclusives part but more like holding the people to their platform. the console is just their sign of showing the direction.

Not really because they offer unlimited customizability in terms of software when it comes to the Steam Deck so you can also install emulators on it if you wish. So most people will feel more inclined to use the Steam Deck.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:09 AM, killamch89 said:

Not really because they offer unlimited customizability in terms of software when it comes to the Steam Deck so you can also install emulators on it if you wish. So most people will feel more inclined to use the Steam Deck.

That is from the mindset of modders, DIYers not necessarily others would do that too.

Now that the Steam Deck is out I been watching some reviews on it. Looks like a very formidable device, apparently you can even run Elden ring ,God of War and Resident Evil Village on it, the only downside is that they dont look as good. So far looks like you can run linux on it very easily , there is yet to be a proper patch for a browser but you can run firefox or Chrome on it if you install them. Looks like there was even a joycon drift issue similar to the switch but looks like that was already addressed.  What I want to see is what types of consoles it can emulate, so far I have only seen video were they emulate the sega genesis/snes and below but the system should be powerfull enough to emulate newer consoles. Personally I would love to get one and use it for emulation

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They've already been sold out lol - I just knew it'd be hard to pre-order one of these things or even get one on launch day.

Pre launch orders never work for me. I always miss those flash sales and the pre orders.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

Pre launch orders never work for me. I always miss those flash sales and the pre orders.

It's been a while since I've seen a handheld device in so much demand that they stopped accepting Pre-orders a month after originally announcing it. I know of people who Pre-ordered it and won't be getting there's for another month at least.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, killamch89 said:

They've already been sold out lol - I just knew it'd be hard to pre-order one of these things or even get one on launch day.

I know man I regret not making a preorder when I had the the chance, looks like current orders are delayed to Q3 late 2022

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I know man I regret not making a preorder when I had the the chance, looks like current orders are delayed to Q3 late 2022

I'd wager they'll probably be delayed until next year - I really want one as well. The things I have planned for it - I'm really excited.

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Please, when the device is readily available, do inform us, I might be interested then, to get some good games with discounts. 

We'll probably have to wait a year or two for supply to match the demand. This is even worse than when the PS5 first came out.

28 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

We'll probably have to wait a year or two for supply to match the demand. This is even worse than when the PS5 first came out.

It's kinda worse mate, I can't imagine such kind of wait, its way too long I'm my sight. If it takes up such time, many people will lose interest in the console.