Register Now
Kokushibo

Favorite Pokémon game?

What is your top favorite Pokémon game? It could be a main series game or side game. Personally my favorite is and always will be Pokémon Colosseum as I played it on my GameCube when I was young and wish they would bring it back on the Switch as I would play so many hours of it I would likely break a record!

I have never in my life played any form of Pokemon game. I've never even made physical contact with anything Pokemon related. Not because I don't like it (Lack of exposure and interaction leaves me no basis to form an opinion) but instead because it has just never happened simply due to circumstance.

Pokemon Crystal, Me and a friend played together, it was quite absorbing . I also learned to love day/night cycles/real time clock in games. Plus, during that time, great strides towards learning English. 

5 hours ago, Empire said:

Pokemon Crystal, Me and a friend played together, it was quite absorbing . I also learned to love day/night cycles/real time clock in games. Plus, during that time, great strides towards learning English

I'm curious then, what's your native tongue?

On 7/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, Empire said:

Pokemon Crystal, Me and a friend played together, it was quite absorbing . I also learned to love day/night cycles/real time clock in games. Plus, during that time, great strides towards learning English. 

So it turned out to be more or less educational game for you. 

I haven't been as much into Pokémon as I used to be in many years, but I am playing a decent amount of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Crystal for the 3DS nowadays, and it's pretty fun. I wouldn't say either are my fave though. It tends to depend on my mood. They both offer different things that I enjoy.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:49 AM, calm-gamer said:

I haven't been as much into Pokémon as I used to be in many years, but I am playing a decent amount of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Crystal for the 3DS nowadays, and it's pretty fun. I wouldn't say either are my fave though. It tends to depend on my mood. They both offer different things that I enjoy.

Sorry, Alpha Sapphire. I originally regretted not buying Omega Ruby because I had Ruby as a child, and I figured it would reduce the nostalgia for me. I later learned I'm immune to nostalgia over the longterm.

I also realized I like puns, and Team Aqua does a lot of nautical puns, and I've learned that both teams are officially bad guys. I never got that far. I figured Team Aqua would be the canonical good guys since they got the good guy colors versus Team Magma's bad guy colors.

I learned canon is pointless as well. Why would canon matter more than personal interpertation of the fans regarding a piece of fiction anyway? That makes no sense. It's one of the reasons I like Rick and Morty: they point out the arbitrary nature of the concept of canon. Among existence and every part of it.

And I like it because I'm a genius. Naturally. /s

On 7/28/2021 at 9:58 PM, calm-gamer said:

Sorry, Alpha Sapphire. I originally regretted not buying Omega Ruby because I had Ruby as a child, and I figured it would reduce the nostalgia for me. I later learned I'm immune to nostalgia over the longterm.

I also realized I like puns, and Team Aqua does a lot of nautical puns, and I've learned that both teams are officially bad guys. I never got that far. I figured Team Aqua would be the canonical good guys since they got the good guy colors versus Team Magma's bad guy colors.

I learned canon is pointless as well. Why would canon matter more than personal interpertation of the fans regarding a piece of fiction anyway? That makes no sense. It's one of the reasons I like Rick and Morty: they point out the arbitrary nature of the concept of canon. Among existence and every part of it.

And I like it because I'm a genius. Naturally. /s

If you watched the Pokemon series, you'd have learned from the get-go that both sides were evil and all they wanted was domination. They're basically Team Rocket but somehow even worse and they'll use far more extreme methods to accomplish their goal.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:20 AM, killamch89 said:

If you watched the Pokemon series, you'd have learned from the get-go that both sides were evil and all they wanted was domination. They're basically Team Rocket but somehow even worse and they'll use far more extreme methods to accomplish their goal.

Yeah, but when you're Dutch you grow up in a culture of conformity. By the time I was in my teens listening to characters talk like anime characters in Dutch felt like being emotionally tortured. It works in American English and I haven't bothered getting back into the anime on Netflix yet, now that I'm an adult with my own Netflix account.

I did love it as a kid, but the same goes for the games. My life has been too hectic and my tastes have become too diverse to be nearly as much into Pokémon as I want to be. Too many games to play even just when it comes to Nintendo, and too broken a mind because of my autism.

Plus, I never connected the dots right when I was a kid regarding the ways Ruby and Sapphire handled the teams differently. I never got to the point where you discover they both want bad things even in only one of the games, and there wasn't a lot of context with what they said because I was a Dutch child. I didn't speak English yet and I played the game in English.

So yeah, I wasn't that informed.

Edited by calm-gamer

On 7/26/2021 at 3:42 AM, killamch89 said:
  1. Pokemon Yellow
  2. Pokemon Gold and Silver
  3. Ruby and Sapphire
  4. Red and Blue
  5. Crystal

Wow, you sure did play a lot of them Pokémon game series. I was only able to play Pokemon Gold and Silver. 

40 minutes ago, Shole said:

I'd say Pokemon Go, as I did play Red and Blue, but still Pokemon Go is way more fun.

Pokémon Go is my brother's favorite when it comes to playing Pokémon games. He should be 29 years old now and still love it.