Register Now
Lämmchen

Take your laptop on vacation?

Do you take your laptop with you when you go on vacation or do you rely mainly on your phone?

I usually take my laptop with me, but on our next vacation we have a lot of things planned so I doubt I would even have time to let the thing boot up. So I'm debating on if I should just leave it at home this time.

3 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

Do you take your laptop with you when you go on vacation or do you rely mainly on your phone?

I usually take my laptop with me, but on our next vacation we have a lot of things planned so I doubt I would even have time to let the thing boot up. So I'm debating on if I should just leave it at home this time.

I have Samsung Tab s7 and it has dex mode with its keyboard case where it basically functions as a laptop. Dex mode was also developed in co-operation with Microsoft so it does feel like a laptop experience. The keyboard and touch pad have the same input functionality as typical Windows laptops so it's very smooth. To top it all off, the tablet is far more portable than a laptop. It should be pointed out though that it's not a complete substitute for the desktop/laptop experience because of the lack of app support but for basic web browsing and basic productivity such as using microsoft office, it's got you covered. That way, I can keep the most important stuff on my laptop safely at home (although to be fair, I do have my important files backed up on an AES 256 encryption cloud service called Sync but still).

16 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I would never go just about anywhere for more than a few days without my computer, or at least my external hard drive, unless It was just not possible or practical.  And I don't even have a labtop.

I'm not a big phone person.

To be fair, I don't really carry around my gaming laptop and it weighs under 5 lbs but carrying around bags especially in recent years has become really annoying to me.