Jump to content
Register Now
Lämmchen

Sports Bar to Watch Sports?

Recommended Posts

Is there a local sports bar that you go to to watch sports? I don't go out to specifically watch sports but there are a couple of good places that serve the best wings! I go there for that. Yum. These places are always packed with people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been years since I've done this and it was a sports bar that used to be by the beach but it's closed now. It was a pretty clean place where could also play pool and they served food as well - it brings back some pretty good memories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, it would be a lot more fun to watch it that way.  Well, unless you got some good buddies to come to your home.  Anyway, I love the socialization at restaurants.  In fact, I might go to a place because I love the people, but not the food always, though I wouldn't be so mean to say it publically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never taking my time to search around one at my locality, I feel comfortable most of the time watching with my mobile phone. If I need to relax and enjoy, then i have to go in a suitable arena to watch it there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a shame that I love watching football, but I find it hard to find a good or attractive bar to watch soccer here in my locality. That's the reason why i stream live soccer with my devices than searching for a sports bar that display live football matches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate it when people cheer for the other team at sports bars. You live in a city, then people from somewhere else cheers for their hometown instead of the one they are in. It's annoying. Then you walk to the restroom and crack a bottle over their head and one big rumble starts up. People throw bar stools and slide bodies on the bar knocking down everyone's drinks. Then the music stops playing. Everyone stops fighting. Then somebody walks over and sticks quarters in the juke box. When the music starts up again everyone starts fighting again. The bartender chugs some liquor and picks up a shotgun and blasts the juke box. Everyone stops fighting dazed and confused. Somebody scores a goal in the game. And they happily all start fighting again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I hate it when people cheer for the other team at sports bars. You live in a city, then people from somewhere else cheers for their hometown instead of the one they are in. It's annoying. Then you walk to the restroom and crack a bottle over their head and one big rumble starts up. People throw bar stools and slide bodies on the bar knocking down everyone's drinks. Then the music stops playing. Everyone stops fighting. Then somebody walks over and sticks quarters in the juke box. When the music starts up again everyone starts fighting again. The bartender chugs some liquor and picks up a shotgun and blasts the juke box. Everyone stops fighting dazed and confused. Somebody scores a goal in the game. And they happily all start fighting again. 

 

See,this is the exact reason I avoid bars whenever a big game is on!

 

Seriously now what is it about football (soccer) in particular that turns everyone into morons?  I'm fairly sure it's possible to enjoy a game without being a load obnoxious bell end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

 

See,this is the exact reason I avoid bars whenever a big game is on!

 

Seriously now what is it about football (soccer) in particular that turns everyone into morons?  I'm fairly sure it's possible to enjoy a game without being a load obnoxious bell end.

I don’t know. Some think sports is the closest thing to war to get to. We aren’t far off from the gladiator days. Except now everyone can watch it on tv. When you pit two teams against each other, with media hyping it up to increase bets, mix some alcohol, and you get the mob. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 3:40 PM, Crazycrab said:

 

See,this is the exact reason I avoid bars whenever a big game is on!

 

Seriously now what is it about football (soccer) in particular that turns everyone into morons?  I'm fairly sure it's possible to enjoy a game without being a load obnoxious bell end.

 

On 5/9/2022 at 4:24 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don’t know. Some think sports is the closest thing to war to get to. We aren’t far off from the gladiator days. Except now everyone can watch it on tv. When you pit two teams against each other, with media hyping it up to increase bets, mix some alcohol, and you get the mob. 

 

It is actually quite fascinating. I'm speaking mostly in reference to football (soccer) in the Scotland, but I get a feeling this is a similar story the world over. You have people that are perfectly normal, even nice, kind and thoughtful. Perfectly normal people. It's your postmen, your builders, your barista's, your plumbers, just normal folk Then a referee blows a whistle somewhere then for the next two hours they devolve into barbarians. Racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, religious indolence (this is especially bad in Scottish football with Old Firm rivals Celtic and Rangers, more details here) and even violence. The thing is, I lived in Glasgow for a while for work and have visited the city several times and at night this is one of the friendliest places I've ever been. However, when an Old Firm Derby is on only one of three kinds people have any business being on the streets;

  1. The riot police.
  2. The aforementioned plumbers turned barbarians.
  3. The blooded victims of either 1 or 2.

Come Monday, the 2's will go to work and when asked about what they were up to at the weekend they always say, "Yeah, it was alright. Watched the game. The referee was a *insert derogatory term" cunt. If that fucking ni**er hadn't missed that penalty we would have won it.". Casual as you like, as if they had done and just said nothing at all wrong. It's crazy. I haven't associated myself with football fandom for years and this is the prime reason why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...