Register Now
killamch89

Gigabyte AERO 17 HDR "Creator" Laptop

This is the 11th gen version of the Gigabyte laptop which has pretty powerful specs as its competitors and while being mainly targeted at creators, it's versatile enough to be a gaming laptop with the RTX 3070 or RTX 3080 depending on your choice. What do you think of this laptop?

previous gen 15" laptop and it's outstanding and lives up to everything you'd possibly want to do on it from hardcore gaming to long hour editing/media work. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on the OLED model at a affordable price but looking on it in this video, hands down, I'd want that slight variation.

16 hours ago, Empire said:

previous gen 15" laptop and it's outstanding and lives up to everything you'd possibly want to do on it from hardcore gaming to long hour editing/media work. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on the OLED model at a affordable price but looking on it in this video, hands down, I'd want that slight variation.

I'd want the 17" version honestly - I could use it for video editing/animation on the go. Also, I notice that the price is somewhat more reasonable than other laptops with the same specs from other brands.

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am not fan of those type of the hinges but the design is small and good for the 15 inch ones. I'd definitely go for the 17 inch in case of better graphics and design experience. 

It also has more ports which is always a bonus in my opinion - it's definitely a great all round machine although we didn't get any detailed tests on the battery capacity but it'll be plugged in all the time so that's not much of an issue.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:33 AM, skyfire said:

I like the model, the thing is that hinge design they have I noticed being faulty in many other brands but then again I dont know how good it is for others. 

Yeah, the hinge design does look like a potential weak spot but I'm almost sure the developers made it sturdy enough to last for a few years at least.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:17 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah I assume these days almost every maker tries to push the product upto 3 years of the minimum usage. 

I still have my 2016 gaming laptop as a back up to my more current one, but it still runs perfectly and has never given me any issues despite the amount of years I've had it.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:40 AM, skyfire said:

Gaming laptop with their high specs last longter with windows updates too. So not surprised there that you would even push few more years. 

Yeah, outside of a little bit of wear and tear, it's still quite snappy - the only issue is the battery has degraded but I can always install a new one which I did buy about a year ago. I'm just too lazy to do so...

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes the battery and also the screen would eventually start showing the signs. But yeah few more years of push is possible I suppose. 

My screen is still bright with no dead pixels or backlight bleeding so it's perfectly fine and I know I can squeeze a few more years out of it.