Register Now
killamch89

What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top in?

Due to my fear of heights, probably my own house. I used to live in an apartment that was on the top floor (which was the second floor) and it was a big building. It was a shithole, and now that I think about it, a slum. But it was all I could afford at the time.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:12 AM, The Blackangel said:

Due to my fear of heights, probably my own house. I used to live in an apartment that was on the top floor (which was the second floor) and it was a big building. It was a shithole, and now that I think about it, a slum. But it was all I could afford at the time.

I get it and I do tend to have a slight fear of heights and that's why I can't go on bridges like this:

I know exactly what those people in the video are feeling. I was at the KC zoo several years ago, and could only view a tiny portion of it. They have this wood link pedestrian bridge (video below) and 5' out onto it I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life. I don't know the exact number, but it took probably more than a dozen people to pry me off one of the supports and get me back onto solid land and away from the damn thing. Some people got zoo employees, others tried to calm me down, some got water. Or at least that's what I'm told. I don't remember much. For more reasons than one, but due to my fear of heights, I'm thinking that it was traumatic enough for my mind that my mind blocked it out.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I know exactly what those people in the video are feeling. I was at the KC zoo several years ago, and could only view a tiny portion of it. They have this wood link pedestrian bridge (video below) and 5' out onto it I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life. I don't know the exact number, but it took probably more than a dozen people to pry me off one of the supports and get me back onto solid land and away from the damn thing. Some people got zoo employees, others tried to calm me down, some got water. Or at least that's what I'm told. I don't remember much. For more reasons than one, but due to my fear of heights, I'm thinking that it was traumatic enough for my mind that my mind blocked it out.

To be fair, the bridge does look pretty old and I imagine it must have been jerking just from travelling across it so I can definitely see why you'd panic...