Register Now
killamch89

Ubisoft's Skull and Bones Development Has Been An Anthem Level Nightmare According To Former Devs

On 7/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, killamch89 said:

My sentiments exactly and with how Ubisoft has been in recent times, things are definitely not looking good right now. I'm going to say that I have zero expectations of this game doing any better than that Live service game Ubisoft released recently that died a swift death.

That's even the more reason the company is considering being selling because almost everything doesn't seem to be working for them right now. If Microsoft haven't just recently acquired Activision Blizzard, there's a good chance they would offer up an acquisition deal with Ubisoft. I don't see any company financially capable of buying them at the moment. 

On 7/23/2022 at 8:44 AM, Heatman said:

That's even the more reason the company is considering being selling because almost everything doesn't seem to be working for them right now. If Microsoft haven't just recently acquired Activision Blizzard, there's a good chance they would offer up an acquisition deal with Ubisoft. I don't see any company financially capable of buying them at the moment. 

I haven't heard a lot about Ubisoft having problems. I'm aware there were issues with Ubisoft in terms of allegations of misconduct and other bad things, but I thought their games were doing pretty good. Unless I'm missing something? 

I don't see Microsoft buying ubisoft. If anyone was, I bet it'd be Sony. They could use a big get I think. And Ubisoft would be big. 

On 7/26/2022 at 12:43 PM, Kane99 said:

I haven't heard a lot about Ubisoft having problems. I'm aware there were issues with Ubisoft in terms of allegations of misconduct and other bad things, but I thought their games were doing pretty good. Unless I'm missing something? 

I don't see Microsoft buying ubisoft. If anyone was, I bet it'd be Sony. They could use a big get I think. And Ubisoft would be big. 

Ubisoft is doing poorly - where have you been? they're planning to hold a funeral for Assassin's Creed, they just had 4 games cancelled - one of them a Ghost Recon Battle Royale that none of us would care about and so many other things that I can't even say in one post. Ubisoft is making EA and 2K look half-decent and that takes some doing.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:43 PM, Kane99 said:

Ubisoft have been facing a lot of challenges and not just their issues of misconduct. Their stock have taken a huge fall from $23 in 2018 to a miserly $9 today. You can read more about their problems Here in this Forbes article. 

On 7/29/2022 at 3:52 PM, killamch89 said:

Ubisoft is doing poorly - where have you been? they're planning to hold a funeral for Assassin's Creed, they just had 4 games cancelled - one of them a Ghost Recon Battle Royale that none of us would care about and so many other things that I can't even say in one post. Ubisoft is making EA and 2K look half-decent and that takes some doing.

On 7/31/2022 at 5:30 AM, Heatman said:

Ubisoft have been facing a lot of challenges and not just their issues of misconduct. Their stock have taken a huge fall from $23 in 2018 to a miserly $9 today. You can read more about their problems Here in this Forbes article. 

Hmm, had no idea they were dealing with so much. I was aware of the allegations of sexual assault and other such misconduct, but not any of this. I know ghost recon hasn't been doing hot, but wasn't aware of the rest. 

I suppose it makes sense with how some of their games are failing these days. I think it's because fans are tired of the same games. Maybe ubisoft is in for a much needed change. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:12 PM, Kane99 said:

Hmm, had no idea they were dealing with so much. I was aware of the allegations of sexual assault and other such misconduct, but not any of this. I know ghost recon hasn't been doing hot, but wasn't aware of the rest. 

I suppose it makes sense with how some of their games are failing these days. I think it's because fans are tired of the same games. Maybe ubisoft is in for a much needed change. 

Quite frankly, Ubisoft is more interested in NFTs than making quality games for their consumers but that's most AAA gaming companies nowadays for you.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Quite frankly, Ubisoft is more interested in NFTs than making quality games for their consumers but that's most AAA gaming companies nowadays for you.

Heard about that, I really hope this whole NFT craze dies faster than the Beanie Baby craze of the 90s. It kinda feels like something similar to that, in that it gets so huge, and then all of a sudden, people start to lose interest, and soon enough, I can see prices coming down on a lot of NFTs, because once the novelty wears off, I think it's done. 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, Kane99 said:

If they are not careful, it's going to most likely get to the point it did for Activision Blizzard and they would be forced to sell off the company without even proper valuation. 

It feels sad to see a gaming company like Ubisoft allow its policies to shoot themselves in the leg that are now struggling so much. 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:33 PM, killamch89 said:

This is a fact. Even their CEO came out one time to say that all gamers should be out in support for NFTs. 

37 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I can't even pretend to be surprised, but Skull and Bones has been delayed yet again. The game was due for release in November, but has now been delayed to March 2023. From Kotaku.

I actually am kinda surprised.  They don't to have much else coming out this fall and I thought that Skull and Bones had become a Albatross around their necks that they would want to get out quickly considering all the problems it's had getting made.

On 8/6/2022 at 10:37 AM, Heatman said:

If they are not careful, it's going to most likely get to the point it did for Activision Blizzard and they would be forced to sell off the company without even proper valuation. 

It feels sad to see a gaming company like Ubisoft allow its policies to shoot themselves in the leg that are now struggling so much. 

This is a fact. Even their CEO came out one time to say that all gamers should be out in support for NFTs. 

We ain't going to support what will ruin our finances at the end of the day! They messed up big time with a decision such as this and I hope they realize that early and make changes.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, Shagger said:

I can't even pretend to be surprised, but Skull and Bones has been delayed yet again. The game was due for release in November, but has now been delayed to March 2023. From Kotaku.

I'd be surprised if it even comes out by March. I don't think the game is anywhere near ready and what we'll get is a very substandard experience.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, Empire said:

We will see what's all about soon enought, they ahve the technical Test 3 this weekend and I'm part of the group of people that have the option to play as a tester with NDA rules in place 😜 

How was the technical test, have they released any information about it because I haven't come across any viable information yet.