Register Now
killamch89

What are your thoughts on online dating or tinder?

I actually met my girl on Yahoo! back in 2004. We talked on messenger for a bit, then I drove to her place on campus and we have been together ever since. We only lived 30 miles apart so it's not like it was a day and a half trip.

But as for things like eHarmony and Tinder, I don't like them. My sister ended up with a psycho from eHarmony, and people on Tinder are freaks of the highest order. Don't even get me started on Ashley Madison. I want to kill every one of those worthless fucks.

I think it sets people's standards too high as if they are just shopping by picking what they like the most. And then they lose insight of why they are there in the first place, then end up just looking at who has the money first, then looks second, and so on. Have you ever went online to shop for something big? You start off with something in mind, then the more you shop you start getting more and more picky and drift really far away from what it is you wanted. Then ask "how the f##k did I get here?" 

49 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think it sets people's standards too high as if they are just shopping by picking what they like the most. And then they lose insight of why they are there in the first place, then end up just looking at who has the money first, then looks second, and so on. Have you ever went online to shop for something big? You start off with something in mind, then the more you shop you start getting more and more picky and drift really far away from what it is you wanted. Then ask "how the f##k did I get here?" 

I'm amazed at some of the standards some of the people on Tinder have because I know quite a few of them and they can't even afford/meet a lot of those standards themselves.