Register Now
killamch89

If you could dedicate your life to solving one problem, what problem would you choose?

My choice would be solving the issue of the mistreatment of this planet and the other inhabitants of said planet (animals,plants, etc.). Without those creatures and plants, we'll soon go extinct as well. What problem would you dedicate your life to solving?

I would create a political system the whole world would agree to embrace that eliminates authoritative governments and spreads wealth to all. That in itself would reduce corporation greed; wars; industrial abuse; violence; and most evils of humanity. I'm not talking about one government, but more like all countries have checks and balances in power. Maybe that is one government, but without any leader. All positions of government will be rotated out so there is never any possible way for any group or individual to seize power without the world imprisoning them. The world will sustain an equilibrium; the distribution of resources. People still would have the right to be successful and gain personal wealth, but not power, especially in government. It would be the government resources that are evenly distributed throughout the world, and taking in factors of population density etc. This greed b.s. in the world and all the corruption has to end. They need to be cut down to size and reminded their place as nothing special.  

If I'm being serious, AI and nano-tech for medicine, I can see it being used to help boost the natural immune system, destroying viruses and bacteria that cause illness, and helping repair and maintain different systems and things like the circulatory system safely and cheaply without drugs. Other than that I'd work on self cooking non messy bacon.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

If I'm being serious, AI and nano-tech for medicine, I can see it being used to help boost the natural immune system, destroying viruses and bacteria that cause illness, and helping repair and maintain different systems and things like the circulatory system safely and cheaply without drugs. Other than that I'd work on self cooking non messy bacon.

Maybe it can be used to boost the immune system to destroy cancer. Maintain a healthy circulatory system is a good idea. That itself would add a good 20 years or more to our lifespan. 

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I loled at the bacon part but the nano-tech thing is a pretty viable alternative to regular medicine - the concern I have with this and AI in general is what if the system controlling it becomes hacked or corrupted in some way? Then that system basically controls you so there needs to be some kind of self-regulation mechanism. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I loled at the bacon part but the nano-tech thing is a pretty viable alternative to regular medicine - the concern I have with this and AI in general is what if the system controlling it becomes hacked or corrupted in some way? Then that system basically controls you so there needs to be some kind of self-regulation mechanism. 

AI I agree is doubtful, but nanotechnology actually isn't a bad idea. There is a lot to do there beyond our imagination. It could repair damaged blood vessels, neurons, wounds; you name it. 

21 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Maybe it can be used to boost the immune system to destroy cancer. Maintain a healthy circulatory system is a good idea. That itself would add a good 20 years or more to our lifespan. 

Does that really help the saving the environment for that person lvin extra 20 years, means more earth life they be suing 😛 I mean earth be so great if no life of people on. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:48 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

AI I agree is doubtful, but nanotechnology actually isn't a bad idea. There is a lot to do there beyond our imagination. It could repair damaged blood vessels, neurons, wounds; you name it. 

If it could cure a couple diseases (for example MD & PG which I have) then I would be all for it. Otherwise, I'll happily do without either.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:48 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I never said I was against - not at all. I was just wondering who would remain in control of such nanotechnology in our bodies - us the individual or the organization creating it. If it's the former, I'd be first in line but if it's the latter, I'll have to think long and hard about it.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm not letting anything like this into my body if I don't have 100% control over it.

My point exactly - I've seen the terminator/ other sci-fi films and how they just hijack your body and I'm not into being someone's slave.