Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you couldn’t finish because of game-breaking bugs

NASCAR '11 The Game was so glitch ridden that I traded my copy in.  Things were going wrong such as cars being magically moved from driving to get off pit road and then a second later you're back on the track getting your car rear ended by cars going 120 MPH faster than pit speed because you're on the track.  Another problem was a driver's car number or position would be scored wrong.

On 7/23/2021 at 2:53 AM, killamch89 said:

Fallout 4 - I couldn't finish it at first without getting unofficial bug patches and modding my game.

Seriously, the bugs in Fallout 4 was so annoying that I kept asking myself what's wrong with the company for allowing such go on. 

Two games where I had to watch the conclusion of the story on youtube in recordings:

Splinter Cell Double Agent. When the last cutscene should start the game just glitches and halts. Meaning you can't see the final cutscene and can't play the bonus mission.

The Force Unleashed II: The most buggy game I've ever played. Cutscenes would get replaced with a blank screen, and there are numerous other game breaking bugs. Like if you die on one particular mission you can't finish it, meaning you have to finish it in one go without dying including the bossfight.

Edited by m76

8 hours ago, m76 said:

Two games where I had to watch the conclusion of the story on youtube in recordings:

Splinter Cell Double Agent. When the last cutscene should start the game just glitches and halts. Meaning you can't see the final cutscene and can't play the bonus mission.

The Force Unleashed II: The most buggy game I've ever played. Cutscenes would get replaced with a blank screen, and there are numerous other game breaking bugs. Like if you die on one particular mission you can't finish it, meaning you have to finish it in one go without dying including the bossfight.

The most annoying thing is that these gaming companies are well aware of those bugs and glitches because they did have a test run before releasing the game.