Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that are scary and relaxing at the same time

Hitman is pretty scary in terms of actually completing your objective in killing your target without the AI noticing but relaxing in terms of being in disguise and just taking in the awesome views and even interacting with some of the NPCs.

I wouldn't call scary relaxing, unless it soothes you to watch dangling body parts hooked on chains, creating music and harmony. With the drips of blood, swaying on the chains; mild echoes of screaming; bugs skittering. Or watching a monster butcher bodies and all that pretty sounding meat slapping around. 

I do like the parts in a scary game where you get to explore rooms or areas with little interference. I guess Bioshock does have that insane tranquility factor which is scary, yet relaxing. So I guess insane tranquility is the scary/relaxing you mean? I'd go with Layers of Fear being very low pressure, and Evil Within 2 at times. I did have some devilish meditative moments in Outlast. The shocking horror stills the time and lets you contemplate about life while dismembered bodies lie around. And you can find all sorts of answers as the body parts speak to you. Too much? Nah. There is a thin line between outright shocking horror and blissful relaxation. That is the moment your heart and breathing stops. Time stops. Your whole life flashes before you. Silence. Stillness. Shhhh, breathe again. Welcome back to life. How did you like the meditation? Relaxing horror. Listen to the voices. They will calm you. Guide you. Shhh. Walk into the quite dark. Touch the darkness. Feel its power. Now you are prepared for the journey into hell. Serenity if you embrace it.