Register Now
killamch89

Activision Blizzard Face Huge Lawsuit From California Over Horrifying Harassment Of Employees

Noticed that a lot of sites are covering the employee walkout lately. I think media is taking things more serious than the company itself. And outsourcing is inevitable for that company and remote working and offshore nations would be milking these jobs now. 

13 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

And the dumpster fire grows, I do hope something good comes from all this. 

I do too - I really want them to fall just so that other companies will know that they can't do as they please to their own staff and won't reap the consequences.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I do too - I really want them to fall just so that other companies will know that they can't do as they please to their own staff and won't reap the consequences.

I don't want to see employees loose thier jobs, the ideal outcome would be a better Blizzard with new management, but each day it's looking more and more like Blizzard are a rabid dog beyond hope and needing put down.

Just now, Shagger said:

I don't want to see employees loose thier jobs, the ideal outcome would be a better Blizzard with new management, but each day it's looking more and more like Blizzard are a rabid dog beyond hope and needing put down.

Well,  I agree with you about the employees and with how the gaming industry is, I'm not certain other companies would want Activision employees for fear of the same thing happening to them. However, some foundations have to be completely destroyed for lasting change to occur.

13 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I realized that a lot of press coverage just makes the situation worse for the employees because they would lose jobs and company would move on for other options. 

Wrong, in fact it's completely the opposite.  Hundreds of them walked in in protest on Wednesday and as far know, none of them have fired.  If Acti-Blizzard started started firing en-mass while this suit was pending and the it would just make thier situation worse.  The very fact that the eyes of the press are on them it's what's keeping them on thier best behaviour.

4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Wrong, in fact it's completely the opposite.  Hundreds of them walked in in protest on Wednesday and as far know, none of them have fired.  If Acti-Blizzard started started firing en-mass while this suit was pending and the it would just make thier situation worse.  The very fact that the eyes of the press are on them it's what's keeping them on thier best behaviour.

Maybe that could be a case but making unions and trying to get the company to bow down never worked in past. And it wont work in future either. 

On 7/31/2021 at 3:59 AM, Crazycrab said:

The part that gets me is that they have a "Cosby Suite" - Now that is wild! We've known about the toxic cultures of Gaming companies for some time but this is unreal.

Of course Activision Blizzard is going to try and scapegoat individuals so now they're throwing their current CEO under the bus when there are more individuals who also played a big part in this as well. Both current and former execs.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Of course Activision Blizzard is going to try and scapegoat individuals so now they're throwing their current CEO under the bus when there are more individuals who also played a big part in this as well. Both current and former execs.

If I am not wrong company of that level has the board of directors and also the CEO is below the board. So they can use any CEO while executing their big plans. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

If I am not wrong company of that level has the board of directors and also the CEO is below the board. So they can use any CEO while executing their big plans. 

I haven't fully verified if that's the case with Activision-Blizzard but that's how it normally goes. However, the current CEO has been with Activision for 20 plus years and he was one of the people responsible for rebranding their former company to Activision so he has a lot more weight than the usual CEO.