Register Now
killamch89

Activision Blizzard Face Huge Lawsuit From California Over Horrifying Harassment Of Employees

On 8/10/2021 at 1:56 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I'm sure enough plams can be greased with $$$$$ to allow business to contiune. 

Who doesn't like to get more money from any possible channel that come up? 

On 8/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, killamch89 said:

In this case not really because the gaming company moving out of their country will lower the amount of revenue in taxes and other stuff they'd earn so the government would look to put a policy in place to get that money out of them.

The government and these companies are likewise the same thing when it comes to looking out for them when it comes to making money. 

On 8/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, Joshua Farrell said:

I always figured that there would be eventual push back from people within that company. There are always going to be those who believe that girls and women shouldn't be in gaming fields, even if they are decent or great in what they do. Everyone needs a job, and everyone needs entertainment when they are doing nothing. I just didn't realize how silent everyone was regarding the in-house abuse, until this hit the news. Would have thought that more people would have done something, considering the state the company is in.

The thing is the gaming industry isn't unionized so employees can always be taken advantage of and they don't have any unions to defend them if they want to stand up to said company.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The thing is the gaming industry isn't unionized so employees can always be taken advantage of and they don't have any unions to defend them if they want to stand up to said company.

Seriously, it's it high time these workers form a union in order to defend themselves from such things because it seems like a pattern right now. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

If unions happens things can go wrong too. there is a reason outsourcing came into workforce because unions tend to destroy the business and big companies often. 

Actually, they would basically be looking out for themselves and it's not really a bad thing. It's the same thing as what these companies are doing. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

If unions happens things can go wrong too. there is a reason outsourcing came into workforce because unions tend to destroy the business and big companies often. 

The alternative is having big companies do as they please which never benefits anyone else but these companies.

The alternative is having big companies do as they please which never benefits anyone else but these companies.

Seriously, it's the very reason why I believe that having some sort of check to push their decision towards the betterment of all should be considered. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's the very reason why I believe that having some sort of check to push their decision towards the betterment of all should be considered. 

And that's why I advocate for unions - they're the lesser of the two evils because at the very least, unions try to find a solution that works for everybody - a somewhat practical one at least. Corporations only want what benefits them.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

And that's why I advocate for unions - they're the lesser of the two evils because at the very least, unions try to find a solution that works for everybody - a somewhat practical one at least. Corporations only want what benefits them.

Exactly - I'm fully in support of this and even if they are going pose a little bit of challenge on how the system used to work, it's all for the better good at the long run. 

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Okay, this is ridiculous - I wouldn't have known this if they didn't say anything. What point are they trying to make here? Do they honestly think that'll get them off the hook?

Seriously, there is no amount of trying to bury evidence would save them from facing the music. With all this happening, it's very clear that they knew exactly what they were doing. 

10 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, there is no amount of trying to bury evidence would save them from facing the music. With all this happening, it's very clear that they knew exactly what they were doing. 

We know that but the question is, do they really think that most people are that stupid - well maybe the ones on social media but the rest of us and the state of California won't fall for it at all.

We know that but the question is, do they really think that most people are that stupid - well maybe the ones on social media but the rest of us and the state of California won't fall for it at all.

Seriously - yeah they do believe that we are stupid if you look at what they are or have been for years now and what punishment they they faced till now?

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - yeah they do believe that we are stupid if you look at what they are or have been for years now and what punishment they they faced till now?

When the government has to step in, then Activision is definitely going to get put through the ringer and California doesn't play around when it comes to sanctioning companies because the justice system gets a huge payday out of it.