Register Now
killamch89

Activision Blizzard Face Huge Lawsuit From California Over Horrifying Harassment Of Employees

On 9/25/2021 at 2:41 AM, killamch89 said:

The feds have a 99% conviction rate and they only act  when they have irrefutable evidence so Activision is definitely going to punished to the full extent of the law. I'll be really surprised if they come back from this at all.

Yeah - That's absolutely true when the feds are involved in a game. They don't get called in easily but when it's very important they are needed. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - That's absolutely true when the feds are involved in a game. They don't get called in easily but when it's very important they are needed. 

That being said, we don't know how long this will take so it may be from a year from now to two-three years from now before we have an official decision by the courts.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That being said, we don't know how long this will take so it may be from a year from now to two-three years from now before we have an official decision by the courts.

Yeah - when a serious matter gets dragged to court, it's never rushed because both parties would definitely not want to give up easily. 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:52 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - when a serious matter gets dragged to court, it's never rushed because both parties would definitely not want to give up easily. 

Well, it seems that if you pay the US government enough, they'll turn a blind eye to anything:

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well, it seems that if you pay the US government enough, they'll turn a blind eye to anything:

My point exactly. Seriously, I believe politicians can't be looked up to 100% always because they are very cunning. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

My point exactly. Seriously, I believe politicians can't be looked up to 100% always because they are very cunning. 

Activision's CEO makes more than that in a year - if anything, the politicians were stupid to let them off for such a small amount of money. They could've gone for $500m but they only settled for $18m.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Activision's CEO makes more than that in a year - if anything, the politicians were stupid to let them off for such a small amount of money. They could've gone for $500m but they only settled for $18m.

They probably felt its a big money for them to take off the company without much battle over it and $18 million isn't a small cash deal. 

Edited by Heatman

On 10/2/2021 at 2:16 AM, Heatman said:

They probably felt its a big money for them to take off the company without much battle over it and $18 million isn't a small cash deal. 

The thing is, the government of California had overwhelming evidence that would've seriously dented Activision's reputation and cost them way more so they could've gotten a $500m settle deal. Instead, they settled for a paltry $18m...

On 10/4/2021 at 1:12 AM, killamch89 said:

The thing is, the government of California had overwhelming evidence that would've seriously dented Activision's reputation and cost them way more so they could've gotten a $500m settle deal. Instead, they settled for a paltry $18m...

That could've been a whopping amount of money spent on settling lawsuit had it been their reputation was dented or they where guilty of serious breaches. 

On 10/4/2021 at 1:12 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - I do agree that they could have pushed for higher settlement fees but you never can tell if they had another back closed deal they wouldn't want to go public. 

On 10/7/2021 at 11:07 AM, Justin11 said:

That could've been a whopping amount of money spent on settling lawsuit had it been their reputation was dented or they where guilty of serious breaches. 

That's what needed to happen but the greedy California politicians strike again...

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's what needed to happen but the greedy California politicians strike again...

Seriously, politicians greed is the same all over the world. It's like they all have one code they all swore to work with. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's why I'm surprised when people try to defend these greedy politician's practices...

Over here, no one really trusts a word out of their dirty mouth because they have ruined every ounce of good reputation they have. 

On 10/9/2021 at 1:54 AM, killamch89 said:

Hmm, politicians are the ones more greedy, here in my country is very common. They simply wants were it is beneficial to them even if it happens for them compromising.