Register Now
Shagger

Netflix IS moving Into Cloud Gaming and WON'T be charging Current Customers extra for it. (RIP Stadia)

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah it seems like netflix is also applying for the sports category too. It seems like they are trying to be facebook who does it all to retain people on platform.

I wouldn't necessarily say  Facebook, It'd be more along the lines of HBO because HBO also did sports at one point back in the days as well. The thing with the Sports category is how do they plan to compete with companies like Amazon in that category.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't necessarily say  Facebook, It'd be more along the lines of HBO because HBO also did sports at one point back in the days as well. The thing with the Sports category is how do they plan to compete with companies like Amazon in that category.

I think leased licenses or shared licenses for content is how I see here. Like netflix is hosted on amazon despite knowing amazon is their competitor. same with them, they are going to sub license content of star, sony, espn etc. 

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think leased licenses or shared licenses for content is how I see here. Like netflix is hosted on amazon despite knowing amazon is their competitor. same with them, they are going to sub license content of star, sony, espn etc. 

Espn isn't really the channel they should get their sporting content from because quite frankly, they're terrible.

I think it's a bit of a mistake for them to get into gaming, especially as they don't really have that much experience in this market. It's just going to end up like Stadia again really. Good to hear they won't charge me extra because of it but I don't really trust that.

4 hours ago, Darth said:

I think it's a bit of a mistake for them to get into gaming, especially as they don't really have that much experience in this market. It's just going to end up like Stadia again really. Good to hear they won't charge me extra because of it but I don't really trust that.

They'll probably do better than Stadia though because Stadia management made a lot of insane promises that they could never fulfill and that was never going to happen.

10 hours ago, Darth said:

Good to hear they won't charge me extra because of it but I don't really trust that.

Initial offering always remains free. They would be eventually charging for every second stayed on their platform. 

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They'll probably do better than Stadia though because Stadia management made a lot of insane promises that they could never fulfill and that was never going to happen.

True but the biggest problem will always be games. I doubt Netflix will be able to create award-winning exclusives. They can throw large amounts of money into buying exclusivity deals for games from other studios but that might not be a very good long-term strategy.

Netflix at it's current state are basically running content to please specific set of audience and they don't show blockbuster either yet they get some subscriptions. same will happen with games. loaded with low quality or non AAA games with one or dozen set of AAA games for initial attraction. 

On 8/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, Darth said:

True but the biggest problem will always be games. I doubt Netflix will be able to create award-winning exclusives. They can throw large amounts of money into buying exclusivity deals for games from other studios but that might not be a very good long-term strategy.

The most I can see them doing is probably trying to offer a more reasonable price for the games to lure players in or give away some free months of subscription. That'll definitely get some people interested.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah it seems like netflix is also applying for the sports category too. It seems like they are trying to be facebook who does it all to retain people on platform.

Seriously, if they get it really right, I'm very sure that it's going to be of more benefit to them generally.