Register Now
Shagger

Xbox Live Gold: Games with Gold Update Thread

Games-With-Gold-VGR.thumb.jpg.2c531612eb9e64483f9a377b59b714c6.jpg

Important Announcement

As has been previously stated in the final post of this thread, Microsoft announced that on September 1st 2023 Xbox Games with Gold is coming to an end and will be dissolved into Xbox Gamepass as a new, starter tier called Xbox Gamepass Core. Current Xbox Live Gold members will be added to this new tier of Gamepass automatically. Find more details on this at this link.

As I edit this, it is now September 1st 2023, so this thread meant to keep VGR members up to date with the latest offerings through Games with Gold has become obsolete. There was really two options to choose from when it comes to moving forward.

1. Reorganise this thread into a Gamepass Update thread.
  2. Retire and lock the thread.

Having considered these options and consulted with my fellow staff members, I have decided to retire and lock this thread once this new service goes live. Trying maintain this thread as a Gamepass thread in such a way that is is useful would be laborious and time consuming. Xbox Gamepass user's receive updates on what is happening with the service that I don't think that a Gamepass Update thread would be worth the considerable effort that it would take to keep it up to date.

I would be willing to keep this thread active as a Gampepass update thread if the idea received enough support from VGR members. However, as I type this on September 1st, such a motion has received no support. If there is enough support from VGR members to have a Gamepass thread, I will of course make it so. Anyone who does want to see a Gampepass thread to replace this, please send me a PM.

As it stands, this thread is now retired and locked.

Updated:  September 1st 2023

Edited by Shagger
Update to Games with Gold September 1st 2023

So I was looking up the latest video game news, and found a article about how the free december games for Xbox Live Gold have leaked. The list is, The Escapists 2, Tropico 5 Penultimate Edition, Orcs Must Die, and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

Here is the link to the article: https://gamerant.com/xbox-free-games-gold-december-2021-rumor-leak-orcs/

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Techno said:

So I was looking up the latest video game news, and found a article about how the free december games for Xbox Live Gold have leaked. The list is, The Escapists 2, Tropico 5 Penultimate Edition, Orcs Must Die, and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

Here is the link to the article: https://gamerant.com/xbox-free-games-gold-december-2021-rumor-leak-orcs/

Thoughts?

I've merged the thread you started with this sticky thread within the Video Game Deals Sub-Forum that is specifically for discussion around Xbox's Game with Gold, as well as keeping the community up to date with the service to see what games are currently available. Such threads also exist for PlayStation Plus and Free Games with Epic. Feel free to read the OP's of these threads for more information. I speak for the community when we say that we apricate you posting this and bringing it to our  attention, but these threads are here to help keep chat about these services in one, convenient thread. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

25 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I've merged the thread you started with this sticky thread within the Video Game Deals Sub-Forum that is specifically for discussion around Xbox's Game with Gold, as well as keeping the community up to date with the service to see what games are currently available. Such threads also exist for PlayStation Plus and Free Games with Epic. Feel free to read the OP's of these threads for more information. I speak for the community when we say that we apricate you posting this and bringing it to our  attention, but these threads are here to help keep chat about these services in one, convenient thread. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Okay sorry.

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I just got this in my email. From the 1st of October GWG will no longer include Xbox 360 titles.

image_2022-07-05_193100125.thumb.png.bf9406179c93c9023268164aa43ef510.png

Figured that was coming. Still surprised they haven't gotten rid of the games for gold. I thought they were going to bring an end to xbox live gold and just stick with gamepass, because honestly that's what's working out so well for them right now. 

And to be fair, they don't release a lot of great games on games for gold, because I feel like gamepass is already giving us enough for the monthly fee. I'm not knocking free stuff, but I feel those games could just be added right to gamepass each month and no one would really care. Hell, make just a few games free for life, while the rest of gamepass could be limited to a period of time like it is now. 

8 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I just got this in my email. From the 1st of October GWG will no longer include Xbox 360 titles.

image_2022-07-05_193100125.thumb.png.bf9406179c93c9023268164aa43ef510.png

Woah, it seems like Microsoft doesn't want to have anything to do with Xbox 360 anymore , they started by stopping further updates and making more recent games less compatible on the console and now games with gold is bringing up this update.

Its quite a really sad news to me because it feels like I am slowly witnessing the death of the Xbox 360 which is one of my most favorite video gaming consoles as a child and Even till date.

Edited by Clasher

Important Announcement

It has been announced that on September 1st 2023 Xbox Games with Gold is coming to an end and will be dissolved into Xbox Gamepass as a new, starter tier called Xbox Gamepass Core. Current Xbox Live Gold members will be added to this new tier of Gamepass automatically. Full story from Gamespot.

When this change occurs, this thread meant to keep VGR members up to date with the latest offerings through Games with Gold will become obsolete. There is really two options to choose from when it comes to moving forward.

1. Reorganise this thread into a Gamepass Update thread.
  2. Retire and lock the thread.

Having considered these options and consulted with my fellow staff members, I have decided to retire and lock this thread once this new service goes live. Trying maintain this thread as a Gamepass thread in such a way that is is useful would be laborious and time consuming. Xbox Gamepass user's receive updates on what is happening with the service that I don't think that a Gamepass Update thread would be worth the considerable effort that it would take to keep it up to date.

If there is enough support from VGR members to have a Gamepass thread, I will of course make it so. Please share your thoughts on this in the replies.

Edited by Shagger