Register Now
Shagger

PlayStation Plus: PS+ Games Update Thread

PS-PlusVGR.thumb.jpg.a5eb955c5d90bb97ec546c0a8ceb50e7.jpg

Welcome

This is the PS+ Update Thread, a place to keep up to date on the latest offerings from PlayStation's subscription service. This opening post will be updated regularly to show what is currently available for PS+ customers along with details of what dates these games are available.  Full details from PlayStation here. Of course this thread is also available to discuss rumours, games you want to see added and how you feel about the current line up as well as a place to discuss how you feel about the service in general.

So, here are the currently available on on PS+ as the Monthly Games.

image_2024-02-01_192142711.thumb.png.506d8f17302bdb2ddcb96fd1f8a627a9.png

What is PlayStation Plus?

PlayStation Plus is a kind of subscription that grants access to online play, exclusive discounts and access number of games per month across PS4 and PS5 selected by the powers that be at Sony as part of the package. They can also be purchased as shorter terms subscriptions, but these will be a little more expensive per month than the annual cost.

Basically, it's way for these companies to subsidize the running costs of their online services and earn additional revenue at the same time. The "free" games and discounts are basically there to sweeten the deal and make it worth buying.

The service also includes a licence to play online multiplayer, although some games are exempt from this (For example, subscription based MMO's (like FFXIV), but most games you have to be subscribed to these services to play games online. The choice is not yours in what games in included in the package. Sometimes they're superb, sometimes not so much or you may already own them. You only retain the right to keep playing games you acquired through PS+ so long you're still subscribed.

The benefits of the service? The overall cost of the games offered if you were to buy them is significantly higher than the cost of the subscription. Frequently, one month's offering would cost more to buy from the PlayStation Store than the annual subscription, so there is a lot of value to be found in these services.

PS+ Essential

image_2023-12-21_174048658.thumb.png.40a0d10256a5f824a8975c3ef02e9a5a.png

PS+ Extra

image_2023-12-21_173113840.thumb.png.11177740b30b1491205863dd930e0b98.png

PS+ Premium

prem.thumb.png.9994d347e1910447f0ae66aef0d1ea9a.png

Any questions or if this thread needs updating and hasn't been then let me know, but please don't do so until these games are available, not when they're announced as the thread will only be updated when the games actually change. Also please check out the other threads we have for Games with Gold and Epic Games Store to stay up to date with those as well. Feel free to keeps using the Video Game Deals to tell the VGR community about other offers you have come across.

Updated: February 1st 2024 

Edited by Shagger
Update to PS+ Games February 1st 2024

PS plus games for March have been updated, Ark: Survival Evolved (for PlayStation 4), Team Sonic Racing (PS4), Ghostrunner (for PlayStation 5), and Ghost of Tsushima: Legends (PS4/PS5). 

I have never played Ark Survival it doesnt really interest me, and I dont have a ps5 so Im not going to be playing Ghostrunner anytime soon. I have played Sonic racing on the 3ds I though it was okay , but I do really want to play  Ghost of Tsushima: Legends which as to what I understand is a standalone game of the multiplayer version of  Ghost of Tsushima

On 2/23/2022 at 8:28 PM, kingpotato said:

By the way shouldnt this thread be on another section of the forum ? I never would have guess it was in the deals section and nobody here really checks out the deals section of the forum. @Shagger

Sorry about the long wait for a reply.

I originally created this thread and the threads on Free Games with Epic and Xbox Live Games with Gold as a place to discuss what was available on these services without people creating multiple threads on these games over and over in the "deals" sub-forum. That is why they were placed here. Since then, the forum has been restructured slightly, making the "platforms" sub-forum more prominant and noticeable. Whether one will be more likely to look for these threads in the "platforms" sub-forum or here in "video game deals" will depend entirely on the person in question. Some may first look in one place, some the other. However, the problem with moving these threads to the appropriate "platforms" sub-forum for me is that it's likely story that people want to check in on two or possibly all three of these threads on a single whim, and it would be very inconvenient for them to move in then out of multiple sub-forms to switch between them. By all means, though, if you feel this service would be improved by relocating the threads, then please create a thread on Questions and Suggestions and I'll certainly consider it if the idea garners enough support.

Edited by Shagger

It was on the headline that there are Sony PlayStation games that the subscribers could snag for free. The line that you could snag is FIFA22 which was rated the 12 best seller in 2021 and it is limited to PS4 and PS5 version of FIFA22 and this would  commence by the 3rd of may.

Anyone else think the last couple months have been pretty garbage for the PSN plus game releases? I think the only one game I've played from the PSN plus game library lately is Cities skylines, and I think we got that last year or so.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, Justin11 said:

Let's cross our hands to see if FIFA 22 will be streamed for free as an Epic streaming game via PS network by the said date. 

Why on earth would that happen? Epic has nothing to do with PlayStation, PlayStation Network nor FIFA.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:37 PM, Lens said:

It was on the headline that there are Sony PlayStation games that the subscribers could snag for free. The line that you could snag is FIFA22 which was rated the 12 best seller in 2021 and it is limited to PS4 and PS5 version of FIFA22 and this would  commence by the 3rd of may.

As this is about FIFA 22 being added to PS+ for May 2022, I'm merging this thread with the PS+ Games Update Thread as that is where rumours about games coming to PS+ are supposed to be discussed. Also, it is expected that add links to "Gaming News" stories on VGR to confirm the details and offer more information. I'd ask that you please do so in future. Here's an the information I found form PlayStation Blog as well as the full line up of PS+ for May 2022.

image_2022-04-28_125602027.thumb.png.967a6dd878f8d21f5b6bf215ad75ab43.png

Edited by Shagger

On 4/28/2022 at 11:51 AM, Empire said:

Anyone else think the last couple months have been pretty garbage for the PSN plus game releases? I think the only one game I've played from the PSN plus game library lately is Cities skylines, and I think we got that last year or so.

It hasn't been great and I would honestly prefer a discount to never get these free games ever game. From the last 12 months, I think I've only actually downloaded 2 games and that was Overcooked and Planet Coaster. The one good thing is that the free games are a lot better than what MS offers for Gold members.

This opening post of this thread has been updated to reflect the changes that have happened to PS+ and the new integrated streaming service. If you feel the new post is inaccurate or is missing something important, please let me know.