Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Any App Stores Outside Of The Google Play Store

Personally, I use F- Droid because their apps go through a rigorous testing phase to make sure the apps are safe but even then, I only mess around with the more known apps because I've been following their progress for quite some time and know what I'm getting myself into. What about you - do you use any app stores outside of the Google Play Store?

On 7/29/2021 at 11:06 PM, killamch89 said:

Personally, I use F- Droid because their apps go through a rigorous testing phase to make sure the apps are safe but even then, I only mess around with the more known apps because I've been following their progress for quite some time and know what I'm getting myself into. What about you - do you use any app stores outside of the Google Play Store?

I'm strictly for Google Play Store when it comes to applications I need to download. I do get everything I need from them at least for now. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I'm strictly for Google Play Store when it comes to applications I need to download. I do get everything I need from them at least for now. 

Perfectly understandable especially for the average user but I love pushing my device to see what it can truly do. As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering getting a Pixel device and trying out CalyxOS on it.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Perfectly understandable especially for the average user but I love pushing my device to see what it can truly do. As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering getting a Pixel device and trying out CalyxOS on it.

Yeah, you're right there. If there is any need for me to upgrade in the future, I'm definitely going to give in to it. 

26 minutes ago, skyfire said:

There are other stores too but the thing is a lot of them don't do much to protect us from malware. 

Which is a very big challenge generally because sticking your neck out to use but not get protected isn't worth the risk. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, you're right there. If there is any need for me to upgrade in the future, I'm definitely going to give in to it. 

What kind of device do you have?

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

There are other stores too but the thing is a lot of them don't do much to protect us from malware. 

Outside of F-Droid and Aurora, I don't use anything else because the rest are really unsafe. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Oh okay - I don't know much about the specs though. Is it water and dust-proof/resistant?

Even if it's water proof resistant, I'm definitely not going to try it out for any reason whatsoever 😂

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Even if it's water proof resistant, I'm definitely not going to try it out for any reason whatsoever 😂

There may be the occasional accident like you drop your phone in some water and it you want to make sure it can survive at least that. I've taken my Note 20 Ultra to the beach and even used it in the water and it was a blast!