Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Any App Stores Outside Of The Google Play Store

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There may be the occasional accident like you drop your phone in some water and it you want to make sure it can survive at least that. I've taken my Note 20 Ultra to the beach and even used it in the water and it was a blast!

I do agree with you on that kind of accidents happening but seriously, I can bet myself on not letting my device fall inside water at least. It can fall on the floor but inside water, it's definitely going to be an impossible one to happen. 

I only use the Google Play Store but I think I do so because it has everything I need. I generally download free apps and don't mess with paid ones at all. I think that maybe in the future if another app store became as big as google then I'd switch over but I would have to be assured that it's completely safe.

There are some apps that I have side loaded onto my phone, all of which are just streaming apps since not everything is available on either Netflix or Disney+. I don't really use any other app stores. I have the Galaxy Store on my phone but I don't use it at all.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:56 AM, Heatman said:

I do agree with you on that kind of accidents happening but seriously, I can bet myself on not letting my device fall inside water at least. It can fall on the floor but inside water, it's definitely going to be an impossible one to happen. 

Not really especially if you take public transportation and it happens to be raining...

4 hours ago, Darth said:

There are some apps that I have side loaded onto my phone, all of which are just streaming apps since not everything is available on either Netflix or Disney+. I don't really use any other app stores. I have the Galaxy Store on my phone but I don't use it at all.

The Galaxy Store is pretty useless - None of the apps are better than their Google counterparts. Not one...

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Not really especially if you take public transportation and it happens to be raining...

The Galaxy Store is pretty useless - None of the apps are better than their Google counterparts. Not one...

I hardly make use of public transportation for lots of reasons. I either make use of tube or flight. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

I hardly make use of public transportation for lots of reasons. I either make use of tube or flight. 

It could also fall out of your pocket during a bathroom break (just saying cause it happened to one of my former co-workers lol).

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It could also fall out of your pocket during a bathroom break (just saying cause it happened to one of my former co-workers lol).

Yeah, that can actually happen in most cases. It's happened to me once in stadium 🏟 where I went to watch ball

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

How'd you dry your phone off? Did it still function after falling into the water?

The time it happened to one of my Samsung phone, I didn't try drying it myself but took it to an IT shop and they had it fixed. I never wanted to try all those DIY tricks. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

The time it happened to one of my Samsung phone, I didn't try drying it myself but took it to an IT shop and they had it fixed. I never wanted to try all those DIY tricks. 

Well you could've just put it in a bag of rice and leave it for at least 8 hours and it'd likely start working again. I did the same thing with my mother's Samsung phone when she dropped it in water and she has had no problems since.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well you could've just put it in a bag of rice and leave it for at least 8 hours and it'd likely start working again. I did the same thing with my mother's Samsung phone when she dropped it in water and she has had no problems since.

Yeah, it's actually what I was talking about the DIY tricks (putting in bag of rice). I just didn't know gamble. 

On 8/16/2021 at 1:23 AM, skyfire said:

FDroids apps are good but a lot of them are laden with ads. And so it can be pretty annoying to use some of those ads. 

I'd say some of them are laden with ads. Honestly, I haven't seen any with ads so far and I've downloaded quite a few.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:23 AM, skyfire said:

FDroids apps are good but a lot of them are laden with ads. And so it can be pretty annoying to use some of those ads. 

When the ads becomes very annoying by being too repetitive, it chokes the life out of me.