Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much meaning has gaming added to your life?

Entertainment was entertainment up until I started gaming. To be so engaged in adventures and being a part of drama, emotions, that a 2 hour movie or any other form of entertainment is just hard to compare because I’ve got over 400 hours in my favorite game and hundreds more totaled in the thousands that I’m still playing and… breather

I’m trying to say that in my experience in gaming, which is awesome, it’s it’s…

I’m attached to so many aspects of gaming. I’m touched by art, by experiences, by culture (even though just a game), by escapism, by whatever emotion including ‘stupid happy.’ What I mean by that is letting your inner child out. 

I didn’t pick the name reality vs adventure for nothing. That says it all for me because it is intertwined. They say our hearts weight will be measured. I say reality and adventure will be measured. I struggle with the two on a daily basis. The harsh world, the escapism; the graphics, life’s blur. Reality even has its beautiful moments. And adventure is a part of it. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

A lot of meaning. I am pretty sure if VR becomes too much realistic and has options to live in virtual world, a lot of people like me would spend more time there. 

VR thing is not for everyone. I do played some games using VR, but personally I don't like any physical involvement in gaming. 

I rather prefer playing with my controller. But if in future, any upgrade of VR launches where we can control the game with mind only and that doesn't require to engage physically, I would be the first one buying that. 😆

14 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Weirdly enough, gaming has created many of the most meaningful experiences in my life as an adult. How meaningful has gaming been for you?

As far as I'm concerned, my happiness is everything for me which my gaming life have been impacted on to a reasonable extent. 

I don't think gaming is supposed to give meaning to your life. Gaming is an escape from life, so finding meaning for life in something that is detached from life, is kind of a problem.

Edited by m76

32 minutes ago, m76 said:

I don't think gaming is supposed to give meaning to your life. Gaming is an escape from life, so finding meaning for life in something that is detached from life, is kind of a problem.

Nice lines. We play games when are tired, when we are having anxiety attack, when we feeling bored or sick, we want to escape from the real world and enter into some fantasy realm where we can really enjoy to our fullest. 😊

On 7/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, Razor1911 said:

VR thing is not for everyone. I do played some games using VR, but personally I don't like any physical involvement in gaming. 

I rather prefer playing with my controller. But if in future, any upgrade of VR launches where we can control the game with mind only and that doesn't require to engage physically, I would be the first one buying that. 😆

That is your perspective though, if it is not for everyone and wont serve majority, there would never be manufacturer up for software and hardware but world is slowly adopting the VR games and the simulators though. 

On 7/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, m76 said:

If something adds happiness into your life, it is adding a good value to your life which sums it up how your life should pan out but that's if gaming makes the person happy.