Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you feel confident gaming?

Do you feel confident when gaming? I have realized I do, even though I’m not that good at it. I only realized why recently. I think that confidence has less to do with believing you will succeed at something than knowing that if you fail, you will be okay.

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Do you feel confident when gaming? I have realized I do, even though I’m not that good at it. I only realized why recently. I think that confidence has less to do with believing you will succeed at something than knowing that if you fail, you will be okay.

You mean confident in real life? Nope, games doesn't have any influence in my normal day to day life. 😊

Yes, playing games and defeating opponents do gives the vibe that we are invincible 😆, but that is only in a fantasy world.

A certain amount of not giving a shit is healthy; much of the game is out of your hands anyway. Regarding what you can control, try not to care about being good right now and performing well in this game, and focus more on being good and getting better in general. Play the long game and you'll be less inclined to beat yourself up right now. A certain amount of faith helps too. If you try, you'll improve sooner or later. If you improve, your rank will improve, sooner or later. There will be ups and downs, but they don't matter in the long run.

9 hours ago, Family sedan said:

It depends on how good of a race car I have compared to the competition.

Haha, if the car doesn't match up with what your opponents have under their hood, it's definitely going cost your confidence knowing that you don't stand a chance to win. 

On 7/31/2021 at 4:32 AM, Family sedan said:

At that point I'll just use the race as a test session and try lines around the track that I might not have otherwise.

Yeah, that helps in mastering the race tracks, know the turns, the jumps and blockages. If you knew all that, it's a good added advantage. 

4 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Practice makes perfect.

My brother actually thought he would get better at racing with just one try and compete with me but he was totally wrong. 

Edited by Heatman

On 7/30/2021 at 11:35 AM, Empire said:

A certain amount of not giving a shit is healthy; much of the game is out of your hands anyway. Regarding what you can control, try not to care about being good right now and performing well in this game, and focus more on being good and getting better in general. Play the long game and you'll be less inclined to beat yourself up right now. A certain amount of faith helps too. If you try, you'll improve sooner or later. If you improve, your rank will improve, sooner or later. There will be ups and downs, but they don't matter in the long run.

From my experience, the more you play in a healthy way, the more you would enjoy the game. It's in fact the best way to play as far as I'm concerned. 

5 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Yeah, I used to b addicted to gaming, but now I feel like I've found a healthy balance.

Seriously, as much as it's fun to play your favorite games always, it's not really a healthy habit to get addicted.