Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather climb the highest mountains or swim the deepest seas/oceans?

I'll take my chances with the mountains, the sea/ocean is a very unpredictable place and is somewhere where you don't really want to encounter any issues because it'll take days if not weeks to get any sort of help. In addition to that, you'll encounter all kinds of storms out at ocean that don't normally make it to the nearest landmass. What ar your thoughts on this?

Storms generally don’t effect the deepest parts of the ocean. But I would definitely go for the deepest seas. The life there is alien. I’m talking octopus smarter than humans and shit we can’t imagine or comprehend. It’s alien. The deepest seas and life there will surpass us and who know what prehistoric life is there. And the critters giving off lights and it’s all amazing to me. Hands down to the deepest seas. Where no man has gone before. The cure to all is down there. Atlantis is there. And mermaid bones 

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'll take my chances with the mountains, the sea/ocean is a very unpredictable place and is somewhere where you don't really want to encounter any issues because it'll take days if not weeks to get any sort of help. In addition to that, you'll encounter all kinds of storms out at ocean that don't normally make it to the nearest landmass. What are your thoughts on this?

The mountains are just as unpredictable. They often have blizzards on them, and climbers die on them in every attempt up. Neither is a good choice, but if I had to pick, I would go with the oceans.

14 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Storms generally don’t effect the deepest parts of the ocean. But I would definitely go for the deepest seas. The life there is alien. I’m talking octopus smarter than humans and shit we can’t imagine or comprehend. It’s alien. The deepest seas and life there will surpass us and who know what prehistoric life is there. And the critters giving off lights and it’s all amazing to me. Hands down to the deepest seas. Where no man has gone before. The cure to all is down there. Atlantis is there. And mermaid bones 

The part that I'm thinking about is if something should happen - At least you have some hope of getting assistance vs the deepest seas where they may or may not find you at all. 

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The mountains are just as unpredictable. They often have blizzards on them, and climbers die on them in every attempt up. Neither is a good choice, but if I had to pick, I would go with the oceans.

I know that but I was just saying that in the event of an emergency, you have some hope of at least getting help on land vs out at sea.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I know that but I was just saying that in the event of an emergency, you have some hope of at least getting help on land vs out at sea.

A valid point, as more then 2/3 of the earth is covered by water, and the oceans are so vast and wide that the chances of being found out alone are a hairs breath away from absolute zero. Whereas on land, it's typically a trait of people to tell someone where they're going, and when they think they will be back. In the event of a mountain climber, they usually lay out the path they want to take, and leave it with someone. Unless they're climbing Everest, they are usually found and brought down. With Everest though, they just leave the bodies up there. It's too dangerous for those alive up there to try to bring the bodies down. It's why a lot of mountain climbers refer to Everest as "The Tomb".