Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather find a $100 bill floating in a public toilet or a $20 bill in your own pocket?

I'll put on a rubber glove, take the $100, put it in a ziplock bag, throw away the glove, go home, lay the bill out in the sun weighted down on the edges so it doesn't fly away when it's dried, put on another rubber glove and take it to the bank to break it into $20's.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'll put on a rubber glove, take the $100, put it in a ziplock bag, throw away the glove, go home, lay the bill out in the sun weighted down on the edges so it doesn't fly away when it's dried, put on another rubber glove and take it to the bank to break it into $20's.

Actually a good plan or you could just ask for change at the nearest Pub - they'll typically accept any kind of bill as long as it isn't torn.

Banks here will exchange a torn bill as long as you have 2/3 of the bill with a complete serial number. It used to be half the bill in the 80's, but then they realized people were tearing bills in half to double their cash flow. So they altered the rules/laws on that.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Banks here will exchange a torn bill as long as you have 2/3 of the bill with a complete serial number. It used to be half the bill in the 80's, but then they realized people were tearing bills in half to double their cash flow. So they altered the rules/laws on that.

That's actually pretty smart - I wish our banks was this gullible. They scrutinize every bill closely so no chance of that happening here.