Register Now
killamch89

Have you ever used a fake ID?

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yes except you'd normally see their SSN as well...

That's the part you pay for. It tends to run 50k-100k depending on the identity being stolen. The more powerful and famous/infamous the identity, the more it costs. I've known people who have intentionally ruined their credit rating to try to protect themselves from identity theft. Not a smart way to go about it, but fairly effective nonetheless. Not the way I would do it, but when you have little to no option, it could work.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's the part you pay for. It tends to run 50k-100k depending on the identity being stolen. The more powerful and famous/infamous the identity, the more it costs. I've known people who have intentionally ruined their credit rating to try to protect themselves from identity theft. Not a smart way to go about it, but fairly effective nonetheless. Not the way I would do it, but when you have little to no option, it could work.

Ruining your credit doesn't even help you - at all. At the very least, if you can prove that your identity has been, banks will have to forgo any loans/credit cards because of identity theft.