Register Now
The Blackangel

10 Things Gamers Should NEVER Be Ashamed Of

I'll add another thing.

Never be ashamed that you have a ringtone from a video game. At least, you're not the type of kid that puts edgy songs on their ringtone.

P.S.: My ringtone is the song from BattleBlock Theater's gift shop. So relaxing.

6 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I live in a part of Virginia that laughs at me for everything, but still I'm proud of the things that I like.

Laugh at what? For your gaming collections? I don't think you should have ear to such things, just play whatever Pleases you the most. And for discussions, we are here to accompany you. 😊

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Laugh at what? For your gaming collections? I don't think you should have ear to such things, just play whatever Pleases you the most. And for discussions, we are here to accompany you. 😊

They have laughed at me for every hairstyle and possession I have ever had seemingly.  I'm saving up to move away from Northern Virginia.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't know why anyone would be ashamed of their game collection - if it's your passion, you have the right declare it proudly regardless of what non-gamers think.

Seriously, it's nobody's business but I do get that some folks have serious problems with trying to dictate another's person's life for him or her. 

11 hours ago, Family sedan said:

They have laughed at me for every hairstyle and possession I have ever had seemingly.  I'm saving up to move away from Northern Virginia.

Appearance matters least when you are satisfied with your own. Self confidence is what matters the most. Let them talk their way, if you are comfortable with your hairstyle and appearance, you should not feel anything for their comments. It's good that you have moved away from them 😊.

12 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I strongly advocate not living your life based on what other people think about you because it's never going to stop. 

God when I was in high school I remember having to closet the fact that I was a gamer, because being a gamer at the time was apparently the "worst" thing that you could be. So I hung out with people that tbh I really had nothing in common with. I remember at one point someone found out, and immediately my social status dropped for some unknown fucking reason.

Then I graduated and realized high school is a bunch of bullshit, and the second you get out your life will change. Never looked back, and my life (lives) is so much better now. Thank you gaming community for being amazing

On 7/31/2021 at 7:33 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

I'll add another thing.

Never be ashamed that you have a ringtone from a video game. At least, you're not the type of kid that puts edgy songs on their ringtone.

P.S.: My ringtone is the song from BattleBlock Theater's gift shop. So relaxing.

I haven't really used my games soundtrack for ring tones yet. I'm still test trying with the ones I get from movies. 

On 7/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

At least, you're not the type of kid that puts edgy songs on their ringtone.

I have both Disturbed and Linkin Park ringtones on my phone. So what does that make me?

2 hours ago, Empire said:

God when I was in high school I remember having to closet the fact that I was a gamer, because being a gamer at the time was apparently the "worst" thing that you could be. So I hung out with people that tbh I really had nothing in common with. I remember at one point someone found out, and immediately my social status dropped for some unknown fucking reason.

Then I graduated and realized high school is a bunch of bullshit, and the second you get out your life will change. Never looked back, and my life (lives) is so much better now. Thank you gaming community for being amazing

I never had status more than anything except being a complete loser. I was the one kid in school that everyone hated. The bullying was enough that I dropped out halfway into my junior year. I remember everyone telling me that in 20 years I would wish I was back in school. Well 20 years came and went, and I have never wanted to be back there even once. Besides, if I have to be in a god damn classroom that fucking bad, I can just take some minor courses at the junior college here in town or the vocational school. Problem solved.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I haven't really used my games soundtrack for ring tones yet. I'm still test trying with the ones I get from movies. 

I remember to use NFS soundtrack as caller tune. I am attaching the sound here, the sound is really nostalgic to me. 😊