Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you had to work for a developer, which would you choose?

I'd probably pick Nintendo because they'll at least show a bit of concern for their employees and I heard they're treated far better than most employees at other triple A companies. Although, doing better than Activision or EA isn't that hard to do.

Hard for me to say. I can't even argue "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" because it seems a lot of these companies have skeletons in their closets. Were it not for any potential language barriers, maybe Owlcat Studios, the guys behind Pathfinder: Kingmaker and the upcoming Wrath of the Righteous. The role I'd really like is either being part of a worldbuilding team or their voice actors, so then it's a matter of what property I'd like to be involved in, rather than the studio.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd probably pick Nintendo because they'll at least show a bit of concern for their employees and I heard they're treated far better than most employees at other triple A companies. Although, doing better than Activision or EA isn't that hard to do.

Personally, I would choose the company that pays more and care for their staff. If it's Nintendo or Square Enix or EA, I don't really mind. 

14 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Hard for me to say. I can't even argue "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" because it seems a lot of these companies have skeletons in their closets. Were it not for any potential language barriers, maybe Owlcat Studios, the guys behind Pathfinder: Kingmaker and the upcoming Wrath of the Righteous. The role I'd really like is either being part of a worldbuilding team or their voice actors, so then it's a matter of what property I'd like to be involved in, rather than the studio.

Well, I was going off the fact that we haven't heard of an internal scandal with Nintendo in regards to employees but I agree, that all these companies have skeletons in their closet. Let's take CDPR for instance, before Cyberpunk's launch they were seen as the "difference" in the industry, bringing quality experiences to their consumers (to be fair, there record was pretty spotless up to that point) and then look at what they gave their community in Cyberpunk 2077.

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I would choose the company that pays more and care for their staff. If it's Nintendo or Square Enix or EA, I don't really mind. 

EA doesn't care about their staff either - mind they're probably not as bad as Activision but EA has had their fair share of scandals when it came to employees.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:43 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I don't hear many bad things about Nintendo or Square Enix, so one of those two but both are Japanese and known for thier tough job rules. So eh? No place easy to work for. 

To be very honest with you, I do agree with you here. No workplace is perfect as there are always thorns here and there.