Register Now
StaceyPowers

The learning process to play a new game: do you love it or hate it?

It honestly depend on how easy it is to gain an understanding of the basic gamepplay mechanics. If it has a ridiculously steep curve like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter, it can be initially frustrating, it can put off most people while games like Rocket League will appeal to far more people because of how easy it is to understand the gameplay mechanics.

10 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Do you find learning to play a new game a fun challenge, or a frustrating hurdle -- or is it somewhere in between?

I absolutely love it. It gives the thrill to learn new controls in the new environment, obviously its thrilling.

But in most of the cases, since I play action games, the controls are more or less the same. Only thing I have to do is to tweak with the the sensitivity and some additional changes in the keyboard/controller. 😊

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I hate trying to learn the controls of elaborate, open world games. For example RDR2 was a bitch to learn. It became second nature after I had it down, but aside from that, it felt next to impossible when I was learning it.

For most Open-world Rockstar games titles, the controls does take a bit of getting used to especially if you aren't familiar with prior titles.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:52 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Depends how long/tedious it is. Hate it for fighting games, don't mind it most times for RPGs. 

Yeah, the learning curve of some games can really be frustrating. Although, if I really love the game, I would learn it now matter what.