Register Now
StaceyPowers

Amazing games the world could have missed

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Here is a list of a few games that would fall into this category:

1. Final Fantasy 1
  2. Final Fantasy XIV was a disaster at launch
  3. Street Fighter V was also a flop at launch but thanks to consistent work on Capcom's part, they turned it around.

Seriously about the launch of Final Fantasy XIV is something that gamers wouldn't like to remember for any reason whatsoever. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously about the launch of Final Fantasy XIV is something that gamers wouldn't like to remember for any reason whatsoever. 

It's actually a great game now but the launch was abysmal - I'd argue even worse than Fallout 76 and that's no easy feat to accomplish. However, they still continue to make these mistakes with other F2p titles they have.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's actually a great game now but the launch was abysmal - I'd argue even worse than Fallout 76 and that's no easy feat to accomplish. However, they still continue to make these mistakes with other F2p titles they have.

Seriously, those mistakes get me wondering if they don't even realize their first mistakes and disappointment initially? 

13 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I think the biggest one of modern times would be Final Fantasy 14, no one ever thought SE would turn the game around and make it a smash hit that it had to stop selling it for a short while. 

Square Enix is a very big company and they actually took the Final Fantasy gaming project very seriously in most of the series.