Register Now
killamch89

Access To Google Apps Without The Tracking - The Aurora Store (The Perfect Google Play Store Alternative)

With Aurora, you can log in to the Google Play store anonymously through a fake registration they provide you with and you can download and use the free apps without the tracking from Google. However, should you need the paid Apps, they'll redirect you to the official Google Play Store to pay for whatever you need. It's a pretty rad experience and I can't believe I didn't find out about this sooner. Here's a full video about it and F-droid as well:

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

FDroid is good but sadly a lot of spam and also the apps are extremely basic and very few of them are worth it. 

Games which are good are non existent on FDroid. 

Actually the Apps on F-Droid are for the most part, not spam. Some are extremely basic while others are in fact worthwhile alternatives to mainstream apps. I can't argue about the gaming but I hardly play mobile games nowadays so this is a non issue.

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

If that's the case, then I don't see the reason why I shouldn't take advantage of it as well. 

It's quite awesome and I can't believe I'm only now just discovering it. You can even spoof your device so that Google think it's another brand of Android phone to further hide your identity.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's quite awesome and I can't believe I'm only now just discovering it. You can even spoof your device so that Google think it's another brand of Android phone to further hide your identity.

Haha, that's impressive. I will definitely get to try it out as soon as possible. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Haha, that's impressive. I will definitely get to try it out as soon as possible. 

Trust me - you'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner - it's amazing and the fact that I can log into lots of Apps anonymously makes it a great alternative to Google Play Store.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Trust me - you'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner - it's amazing and the fact that I can log into lots of Apps anonymously makes it a great alternative to Google Play Store.

Please say no more as I'm definitely getting it probably between today or tomorrow depending on how my today's programs are shaped. 

In my experience, F-Droid apps are also often high quality compared to (free as in beer) Play Store apps. For example, I've tried dozens of free cookbook apps from Play Store, but couldn't find one that would satisfy me. Then I tried OpenRecipes from F-Droid, and it's exactly what I needed. Same with a meditation-tracking app, I've tried quite a few from Play Store, but Meditation Assistant from F-Droid proved superior. Now, it's quite possible that commercial apps from Play Store offer better quality than free apps from F-Droid.

However, what is clear is that Play Store is flooded with low quality apps, whereas F-Droid provides quality over quantity.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:58 AM, skyfire said:

FDroid is good but sadly a lot of spam and also the apps are extremely basic and very few of them are worth it. 

Games which are good are non existent on FDroid. 

For the fact that good games that are worth it are not on FDroid, it's not really worth the use. 

16 hours ago, Empire said:

In my experience, F-Droid apps are also often high quality compared to (free as in beer) Play Store apps. For example, I've tried dozens of free cookbook apps from Play Store, but couldn't find one that would satisfy me. Then I tried OpenRecipes from F-Droid, and it's exactly what I needed. Same with a meditation-tracking app, I've tried quite a few from Play Store, but Meditation Assistant from F-Droid proved superior. Now, it's quite possible that commercial apps from Play Store offer better quality than free apps from F-Droid.

However, what is clear is that Play Store is flooded with low quality apps, whereas F-Droid provides quality over quantity.

In addition to that, the Google Play Store is also full of apps with malware while the F-droid platform vets apps put on their platform far more rigorously so the Apps for the most part are really safe.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In addition to that, the Google Play Store is also full of apps with malware while the F-droid platform vets apps put on their platform far more rigorously so the Apps for the most part are really safe.

Seriously, I have had several cases of these malwares in applications from Google Play Store. They are quite frustrating. 

On 8/11/2021 at 12:58 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, I have had several cases of these malwares in applications from Google Play Store. They are quite frustrating. 

I'm ridiculously careful about what apps I download. I make sure to do some research to check if it's legit before I download anything.