Register Now
killamch89

Access To Google Apps Without The Tracking - The Aurora Store (The Perfect Google Play Store Alternative)

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Aurora is a tremendous alternative to Google play store, which makes a user to appear anonymous downloading apps from Google play and keeping his or her identity intact for those who love staying anonymous. 

It is surely a nifty one - I don't know how I managed to function without it before.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:14 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Aurora is a tremendous alternative to Google play store, which makes a user to appear anonymous downloading apps from Google play and keeping his or her identity intact for those who love staying anonymous. 

Seriously - I can't believe that I forgot about Aurora. Can't remember if I ever had any issues with it in the past. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:57 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously - I can't believe that I forgot about Aurora. Can't remember if I ever had any issues with it in the past. 

It's good now you've been shown Aurora, you can simply go through it when you have something worthwhile to do with it. 

On 9/29/2021 at 3:33 AM, killamch89 said:

I wish this was mandatory on Google play store like how IOS devices can opt out of app tracking.

Do you want to opt out of app tracking? 

Why do you wish to opt out? 

I see app tracking as a means of security to the apps either utility, game app etc. 

19 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Do you want to opt out of app tracking? 

Why do you wish to opt out? 

I see app tracking as a means of security to the apps either utility, game app etc. 

That's not what tracking is for. The purpose is to gather data about your spending habits, what apps you use and even personal information like your name and email to then sell that data to somebody else. That somebody could (and would) send you spam, scam you or otherwise manipulate you into buying something. For example, let's say Google picks up on the fact you've spent some time browsing for a laptop online. They would then sell your personal information to a company selling laptops so they can hard sell you on laptops.

Edited by Shagger

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

That's not what tracking is for. The purpose is to gather data about your spending habits, what apps you use and even personal information like your name and email to then sell that data to somebody else. That somebody could (and would) send you spam, scam you or otherwise manipulate you into buying something. For example, let's say Google pick up on the fact you've spent some time browsing for a laptop online. They would then sell your personal information to a computer selling laptops so the can hard sell you on laptops.

Thanks buddy for helping me know what tracking is all about. With the information gathered from your contents, its ridiculous for Google to sell out personal data to third parties. It means our privacy isn't safe, even if what they meant is to find the right answer to what we are looking for, but most of those claiming to sell items online have bad intentions. It will make sense if Google or any company holding our sensitive data seek authorization from us first, before going on to release our personal data to third parties. 

14 hours ago, Shagger said:

That's not what tracking is for. The purpose is to gather data about your spending habits, what apps you use and even personal information like your name and email to then sell that data to somebody else. That somebody could (and would) send you spam, scam you or otherwise manipulate you into buying something. For example, let's say Google pick up on the fact you've spent some time browsing for a laptop online. They would then sell your personal information to a computer selling laptops so the can hard sell you on laptops.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of explaining it @Shagger. It's only in the past 5 years that I've really been aware of how problematic add tracking is and what they do with your data. In all honesty, I've become very observant of any website I visit and I always choose to reject the cookies because I don't want them to track me.

16 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

App that tracks you sell the data to advertisers and other behavior manipulation using AI that facebook has been doing for years. 

On 9/29/2021 at 3:33 AM, killamch89 said:

I wish this was mandatory on Google play store like how IOS devices can opt out of app tracking.

Yeah - it would have been nice but you know Google, they always want to have a track on your activities.