Register Now
skyfire

Acer Aspire 7 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U

I've been hearing that those CPUs without a dedicated graphics card are quite demanding of your RAM so upgrading the Rams should get substantially better benchmarks. Honestly for the price this seems like a pretty solid option. Mobile streaming with software encoding and it seems like the CPU has enough "oomph" to do that well enough. Pretty good bang for the buck it seems. Being able to play most library of old Steam games and handle emulation well is just icing on the cake.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

I've been hearing that those CPUs without a dedicated graphics card are quite demanding of your RAM so upgrading the Rams should get substantially better benchmarks. Honestly for the price this seems like a pretty solid option. Mobile streaming with software encoding and it seems like the CPU has enough "oomph" to do that well enough. Pretty good bang for the buck it seems. Being able to play most library of old Steam games and handle emulation well is just icing on the cake.

I do think this would be best for an emulation machine and older games. I'd say AOE 2 and 3 would be perfect for this machine - maybe some Rocket League and CS:GO and could handle GTA V at medium settings.

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

For streaming with this device and the 32GB setup of RAM would handle it pretty easily. Even some mid level graphics settings can work with most of the games. 

And as a added bonus, they could do some light to medium video editing with this machine so it's absolutely fine.

On 8/10/2021 at 6:57 AM, skyfire said:

I think with some normal apps like Filmora and Camtasia, they can do enough supported I suppose. But the adobe apps may give them a noisy machine during the export. 

I do think Adobe Apps like Premiere and After Effects might be too much for this machine but things like photoshop and Lightroom will fare much better with those budget specs.

On 8/24/2021 at 3:53 AM, skyfire said:

I am sure it would work fine for photoshops and after effect. It's not that resource hungry if you have 16GB base RAM and graphics 4GB. 

Recently, Adobe apps have started to become increasingly GPU and CPU resource intensive especially more recent versions so that's why I'm mentioning that.