Register Now
killamch89

What’s your favorite movie of all time and why did it speak to you so much?

The Libertine is and always will be my favorite. It's Johnny Depp's best performance ever. I'm obsessed with both him and Tim Burton (Burton wasn't involved with The Libertine) and can't get enough of them. What he put into this movie is more than I have ever seen from any actor, him included. I'll admit that it's one of those movies that's hard to watch and follow the first time you see it, but if you give it another shot it's more than worth it.

I have virtually everything Johnny Depp has put out, including some of his more obscure stuff, and a hell of a lot of Tim Burton. There's only one Johnny Depp movie that I can't watch, and that's Platoon. I can't watch war or military movies in general, so despite owning several copies (different covers) I'll never see the movie.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Terminator 2 Judgement Day. Not only it is the first film I recall watching but it's also the only film that I can convincingly say having watched more than a hundred times and can quote it verbatim.

Ironically, it's the Predator movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger that I always loved with its action, tension and the acting performances.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The Libertine is and always will be my favorite. It's Johnny Depp's best performance ever. I'm obsessed with both him and Tim Burton (Burton wasn't involved with The Libertine) and can't get enough of them. What he put into this movie is more than I have ever seen from any actor, him included. I'll admit that it's one of those movies that's hard to watch and follow the first time you see it, but if you give it another shot it's more than worth it.

I have virtually everything Johnny Depp has put out, including some of his more obscure stuff, and a hell of a lot of Tim Burton. There's only one Johnny Depp movie that I can't watch, and that's Platoon. I can't watch war or military movies in general, so despite owning several copies (different covers) I'll never see the movie.

Yeah, you did tell me about your distaste for War/military movies in general.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, you did tell me about your distaste for War/military movies in general.

I wouldn't say it's simply distaste. I used to enjoy them before I enlisted. But after what I experienced in the military, my psyche can't handle them without me completely having a break from reality. And when that happens, things get ugly.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I wouldn't say it's simply distaste. I used to enjoy them before I enlisted. But after what I experienced in the military, my psyche can't handle them without me completely having a break from reality. And when that happens, things get ugly.

Well PTSD is one of the more common mental issues that former soldiers tend to suffer because they've seen/experienced a lot horrible things. I know you have a therapist but has any of the sessions improved the situations or they don't bring this up at all?

I haven't seen a therapist since before I joined this forum. She was a bigot and LGBTQ+ intolerant. Since I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community, I decided I wasn't going to tolerate her shit. Especially when she started throwing things I had said 4 years previously in my face. I was trying to make progress, not regress. The worthless bitch only made the issues I needed help on worse. Since then I have been soured on, and hated therapists. I do see a psychiatrist for my medication, but it's not a therapy situation. It's mainly just a "How's your medication feeling, do you ever feel like killing yourself, see you in 3 months." kind of thing. Nothing more than that.

Edited by The Blackangel

I would have to say The Fifth Element. I like Sci-Fi. Even though it can get scary at times, it's not true to what we've lived on Earth so Sci-Fi movies are easier to handle.

It was just on TV one time. Always liked Bruce Willis as an actor so started watching it. Ended up finding the DVD at a garage sale so I can watch it anytime I want.