Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Search Engines

21 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Google, only because it shows what I want (and sometimes don't want 😛 ) Though I should get into duckduckgo, and didn't realize Brave had a search engine. 

That's because Google is always storing your search results so it'll just give you what you want. When I my location history on my Google Account as well as other stuff, I immediately erased everything. It's so creepy.

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have duckduckgo set on most browser. Edge resets to the Bing every time new update comes. Google does the same on chrome. 

I hardly use chrome anymore if I'm being honest because it hogs so much resources.. I go with Brave - I also want to try Chromium as well I just can't find a stable version of it yet.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's because Google is always storing your search results so it'll just give you what you want. When I my location history on my Google Account as well as other stuff, I immediately erased everything. It's so creepy.

I hardly use chrome anymore if I'm being honest because it hogs so much resources.. I go with Brave - I also want to try Chromium as well I just can't find a stable version of it yet.

I still use chrome because some sites and the dashboard perform better in chrome than firefox. 

On 8/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, Empire said:

DuckDuckGo seems to win most peoples eyes and yet I do not use DuckDuckGo, I stick to Chrome/Google 😜 

I don't type duckduckgo name. I just use browser inclusion option and that would take care of it. chrome/google is by default. but if you want to avoid getting tracked duckduckgo is the way. 

I use Google out of habit but more and more I find myself using DuckDuckGo. I think Google censors too many of my searches and I'm surprised at some of the sites I'll get when I switch to DuckDuckGo. I think recipes are about the same but things like politics, news articles, even religion can give me different hits.

8 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

I use Google out of habit but more and more I find myself using DuckDuckGo. I think Google censors too many of my searches and I'm surprised at some of the sites I'll get when I switch to DuckDuckGo. I think recipes are about the same but things like politics, news articles, even religion can give me different hits.

Same here - there are certain things that I want to find out about and Google tries to censor some of the answers while allowing others.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, Empire said:

DuckDuckGo seems to win most peoples eyes and yet I do not use DuckDuckGo, I stick to Chrome/Google 😜 

Seriously, this is actually my very first time of hearing about DuckDuckGo search engine. Is it still functional today? 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, this is actually my very first time of hearing about DuckDuckGo search engine. Is it still functional today? 

Try it out yourself, I mean it doesn't hurt your life 😛 But for me, I rather stick what I have now rather then trying to get another downloaded software. 

LIke I said, I Never used it before. 

22 hours ago, Empire said:

Try it out yourself, I mean it doesn't hurt your life 😛 But for me, I rather stick what I have now rather then trying to get another downloaded software. 

Yeah, I'm actually wired that way to always try as much as I can to have an experience in almost all things I came across, so I'd have something to say about it. 

On 8/25/2021 at 5:51 AM, Empire said:

It's not downloaded software though, it's a search engine that generates results without the practice of censoring certain results like Google does.