Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Search Engines

Just now, killamch89 said:

First time I've ever heard of it - how long have you been using it?

Well over a year now. It struggles with image search sometimes and with specific niche queries (i.e. some video game questions), but for most random searches, it has been just fine. It plants a tree for every 45 searches or so. I am up to several hundred at least now. It keeps a counter as well in case you are curious about your approximate tree contribution.

2 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Well over a year now. It struggles with image search sometimes and with specific niche queries (i.e. some video game questions), but for most random searches, it has been just fine. It plants a tree for every 45 searches or so. I am up to several hundred at least now. It keeps a counter as well in case you are curious about your approximate tree contribution.

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely check it out one of these days because I like projects that give back to nature.

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

If these are still the challenges the browser faces, I'm not sure if I would be comfortable with making use of it because I would still be forced to incorporate the use of other browsers with it. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

If these are still the challenges the browser faces, I'm not sure if I would be comfortable with making use of it because I would still be forced to incorporate the use of other browsers with it. 

I mean, there are some things that just can't be found on DuckDuckgo so I'll use Startpage or Google search if needed so it's not an uncommon practice.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I mean, there are some things that just can't be found on DuckDuckgo so I'll use Startpage or Google search if needed so it's not an uncommon practice.

Seriously - It's far more better to get one that offers at least 90% of all the features that you mostly use to make your life a little easier for you. 

On 8/28/2021 at 7:21 AM, killamch89 said:

duckduckgo is not yet localized and name is cheesy. they have to really get short name for it work. 

42 minutes ago, skyfire said:

duckduckgo is not yet localized and name is cheesy. they have to really get short name for it work. 

It's really one hell of funny name "duckduckgo". I have tried saying it out loud and some people are looking at like what's going on with him 😂

On 8/27/2021 at 2:36 AM, killamch89 said:

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely check it out one of these days because I like projects that give back to nature.

There is always a need to have variety when it comes to what you can make use of which gives you better alternatives if one isn't working as expected. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - that's how I always approach life so that I won't be held back by anything...

There was a search engine called Ask.com that I used to make use of back in the days. I'm not sure if it's anyway affiliated with Google. Do you know about it?