Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most comprehensive and accurate reproduction of a city ever in a video game?

Test Drive Unlimited and O'ahu. I know it's not a city, it is one better, it's an entire island. This is the only game I know of that ever attempted an 1:1 replication of a real world location. Everything else does highly condensed versions afaik.

9 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Assassin's Creed Syndicate has a great recreation of 19ᵗʰ century central London.

AC Syndicate scenery of London is pretty nice. Another I hope to play soon is AC Unity in Paris. I've been to modern Paris, so it would be interesting to see how the game would compare in the 18th century. 

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Assassin's Creed Syndicate has a great recreation of 19ᵗʰ century central London.

Exactly - There was something very peculiar with the game Assassin's Creed Syndicate when I was looking for its resemblances with London in the modern day. 

17 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - There was something very peculiar with the game Assassin's Creed Syndicate when I was looking for its resemblances with London in the modern day. 

Well a lot of it is pretty much the same.  The Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace and most of the streets are still there and as they were.

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

Well a lot of it is pretty much the same.  The Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace and most of the streets are still there and as they were.

Yep - it was so detailed that you don't need to query it too much. It's just like New York City with The Spiderman. 

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) is a game that replicates cities to a tee, and will even simulate real world planes going by in real time. Part of the reason why its system requirements are so ludicrously high is because it's rendering the world as best it can from an aerial view, and the detail on the ground is amazing. Or it was, an update has recently caused the game some trouble.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:25 AM, Heatman said:

New York City was very well replicated in the Marvel’s Spider-Man. Everything about NYC 🗽 was fully represented and recognized in the game.

Yeah, this one has some realistically well crafted graphics. Even Arkham Asylum was good too. I played only the earlier versions of spider man on PS3, and the game was fair enough. But I never played the latest ones though.