Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Browsers For PC

19 minutes ago, Oblivion Knight said:

What kind of settings? I can't say that I've noticed anything getting reset.. are you using any kind of development build? 🤔

..I suppose I don't really change much settings wise, but I'd be interested to do some kind of test.

Aside from having my ad blocker turn on and setting up a dark background theme if it's possible, that's it for me. 

On 4/7/2022 at 6:24 PM, egghead said:

My favorite browser is Forefox, I find Edge very slow.

To be honest, edge is lot fastrer and better than firefox, if you check task manager for how much RAM both takes you will realize.

51 minutes ago, skyfire said:

To be honest, edge is lot fastrer and better than firefox, if you check task manager for how much RAM both takes you will realize.

I have considered making Edge my default browser but for some reason I don't even know, I keep going back to Chrome 😂

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

If you compare the system performance, chrome eats RAM, whereas Edge has managed to control some part of it as Microsoft teams are pretty heavy on development with Edge which is now chrome based.

Chrome eats up RAM and data, but for the fact that chrome is fast when it comes to accessing internet, saving saving of personal information like login details, and trapping others login details that logged in on our device makes the browser more powerful. 

On 4/16/2022 at 10:38 AM, skyfire said:

I have tested multiple times and firefox browser starts way faster than edge. May be it has got to do something with browse setting.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

A friend of mine did recommended making use of Chromium but I'm not sure how good the browser would be for PC. 

Chromium is an open source version of Google Chrome. It's basically a base version of Chrome for people to develop further and add thier own features and so on. For regular internet use, I see no good reason to use Chromium instead of regular Google Chrome.

6 hours ago, Shagger said:

Chromium is an open source version of Google Chrome. It's basically a base version of Chrome for people to develop further and add thier own features and so on. For regular internet use, I see no good reason to use Chromium instead of regular Google Chrome.

Thanks for the explanations on Chromium. It saves me a lot of stress since Chrome is better, I would even have to tell my friend it serves him better to stick with chrome than Chromium. 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:51 AM, Heatman said:

A friend of mine did recommended making use of Chromium but I'm not sure how good the browser would be for PC. 

From Microsoft Edge to the Brave Browser is built using Chromium - the only known exceptions are Firefox and Opera.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

From Microsoft Edge to the Brave Browser is built using Chromium - the only known exceptions are Firefox and Opera.

Yeah, that's very correct. I got that already from the mod and it's been very helpful, otherwise I would have wasted my time trying to move into using it.