Register Now
Knight Plug

The Abandoned app got delayed...

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The thing is, they have never had any such discussions with Sony so when the rumors first started coming up, they could've just said no and that would've been that. Instead, they tried to play off the hype and it backfired spectacularly.

Exactly, it's what they fail to look out and I would see it as trying to play smart without being really smart and they got bit in the a** for it. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's what they fail to look out and I would see it as trying to play smart without being really smart and they got bit in the a** for it. 

Instead of owning up to it, they're trying to make excuses which is just making the situation worse for themselves.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Instead of owning up to it, they're trying to make excuses which is just making the situation worse for themselves.

Personally, most of the time I don't really care to hear anything about their silly excuses any more because I'm very bored with hearing the same thing over and over again. 

1 hour ago, Candy Stick said:

Well, Gamescom ends tonight. Maybe we aren't going to see anything about this game until at a later date. 

Did you really think Gamescom would make some announcement about Abandoned?  They don't really tend do much smaller games and even if they did they wouldn't touch this with a flag pole given the ongoing controversy.

The controversy by the way, and I've got to be honest, is mostly if not entirely the fault of the gamers.  Sorry to say it but it's the truth. Could someone look at this trailer and explain to what the fuck is in it that indicates that it has ANYTHING to with Silent Hill, Kojima or Komami.  Cause I sure as shit don't see it!

There's no indication of any supernatural elements, no characters from Silent Hill and no credits from Konami or Kojima.  There are tons of games that have similar elements to this that are not Silent Hill so what's special about this?

From what I understand this whole thing came about because of Hideo Kojima's habit of posting cryptic clues when promoting his projects.  He's done it the past with PT/Silent Hills and MGS V.  Then this game gets announced that has fuck all to do with him but gamers interpret a string of coincidences in tweets and press releases as indicators of it being a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise and Kojima's involvement.  Then when those coincidences turn to be just that, they blame Blue Box Studios, Kojima, Sony and everyone else except the one's actually responsible for spreading the rumours, THEMSELVES!

I know some on this thread have already blamed Blu Box Studios for not "quelling" the rumours sooner, but that's total bullshit.  The rumours are not their fault or their problem.  If letting it go gets them the benefit of more people talking about their game then I don't blame for taking advantage.  Unless they were actively and intentionally being misleading which as far as I can tell they never did.  Not to mention this studio also has a history of being cryptic and secretive in their promotional material, so I wouldn't expect them to spell things out about their game when that's not thier normal strategy.

I'll post YongYea's video down below which has more details but this is truly pathetic.  Don't get wrong some of theory's are compelling and some of coincidences seem unlikely to have come about by chance at their face value. But, and I've said it time and time again, don't believe anything that doesn't come from the horse's mouth.  If your disappointed it's your own fault for buying into unconfirmed rumours.  Now please stop playing the victims.

Edited by Crazycrab

8 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Did you really think Gamescom would make some announcement about Abandoned?  They don't really tend do much smaller games and even if they did they wouldn't touch this with a flag pole given the ongoing controversy.

The controversy by the way, and I've got to be honest, is mostly if not entirely the fault of the gamers.  Sorry to say it but it's the truth. Could someone look at this trailer and explain to what the fuck is in it that indicates that it has ANYTHING to with Silent Hill, Kojima or Komami.  Cause I sure as shit don't see it!

There's no indication of any supernatural elements, no characters from Silent Hill and no credits from Konami or Kojima.  There are tons of games that have similar elements to this that are not Silent Hill so what's special about this?

From what I understand this whole thing came about because of Hideo Kojima's habit of posting cryptic clues when promoting his projects.  He's done it the past with PT/Silent Hills and MGS V.  Then this game gets announced that has fuck all to do with him but gamers interpret a string of coincidences in tweets and press releases as indicators of it being a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise and Kojima's involvement.  Then when those coincidences turn to be just that, they blame Blue Box Studios, Kojima, Sony and everyone else except the one's actually responsible for spreading the rumours, THEMSELVES!

I know some on this thread have already blamed Blu Box Studios for not "quelling" the rumours sooner, but that's total bullshit.  The rumours are not their fault or their problem.  If letting it go gets them the benefit of more people talking about their game then I don't blame for taking advantage.  Unless they were actively and intentionally being misleading which as far as I can tell they never did.  Not to mention this studio also has a history of being cryptic and secretive in their promotional material, so I wouldn't expect them to spell things out about their game when that's not thier normal strategy.

I'll post YongYea's video down below which has more details but this is truly pathetic.  Don't get wrong some of theory's are compelling and some of coincidences seem unlikely to have come about by chance at their face value. But, and I've said it time and time again, don't believe anything that doesn't come from the horse's mouth.  If your disappointed it's your own fault for buying into unconfirmed rumours.  Now please stop playing the victims.

The rumors didn't actually helped them as they looked up to it and believe me when I tell you that if they had foreseen things turning out this way, they would have addressed the rumors sooner rather than later. 

Ah. I just needed a reason to tune into it. 😄

To be honest, I found the event pretty boring. But at least there's Tokyo Game Show that is going to be happening right at the end of September. Likely, it will run into the first week of October. Or maybe there will be upcoming State of Play events that will reveal something big, like this game. Even if it is just an indie game, fans are still keen to learn more.

Anyway, I just need a good enough reason to get myself a PS5. 

23 hours ago, Candy Stick said:

Anyway, I just need a good enough reason to get myself a PS5. 

There are some people whom I know that just simply follow the trend because it's what others are doing. It's more of a good reason enough for them to doing it.